$mall ??hange weekend gigs, Nublu, Rubulad + top 11

smallchangesmallchange 202 Posts
edited January 2006 in Announcements
$?? it goes up to 11special 45 only edition, shoutout to my girl Shakey who threw a beautiful record fair the other night. Here's to many more to come.Mona Lisa 'They Don't Know Pt. 1' DadeSlim Willis Band 'I Say That' ReginaldJames K-Nine 'Live It Up' FederalExplosions 'Hip Drop' Gold CupThe Dix 'Here Come the Dix' SmacksMary Holmes 'Soul Brother' NassauAll the People feat. Robert Moore 'Cramp Your Style' Blue CandleHank Ballard 'How You Gonna Get Respect' KingSly and the Family Stone 'Remember Who You Are' WBThe Shirelles 'No Sugar Tonight' RCACargo 'Holding On For Love' RelativityI've got an action packed weekend before jetting to Cali next week for mas mayhem. We start off behind door number 3 with Nublu this Friday. Yes, that's right, step on down motherfucker cos yer the next contestant on the price is wrong, so lets party like its $19.99! No whammies on the turntables, strictly musical dinette sets and vacations to Jamaica and elsewhere. Heat peephole, heat. Plus longtime Trombone/Tuba mofo Clark Gayton also plays live with his Exporations in Dub band that features members of the Skatalites. And what's behind door number 3?! Could it be a turntable? A bottle of Cachaca? Its, its, its...oh I'm sorry...its a hangover. Drink more water next time!Friday, 1/20 @ NubluClark Gayton's Explorations in Dub$mall ??hange spins in btw and after10pm-4am$10, free b4 10pm (hit me sooner than later for limited list)Also Saturday, there is another installment of the made for TV movie/reality show known as Rubulad. In this episode, hundreds of clubgoers step thru the looking glass, hang out mr. mxyzptlk in bizarro world and get down to some funky shit from the fourth dimension. Sorry about the lack of Narnia references, but that shit is trademarked now by Herr Disney. So sorry to hear. Set your alarm clock to 13 and get your booty down to best funky ass four room freaky deaky get down get down late late no rebate musical massacre. If you don't know, now ya know bro. Or act like ya do. Cos its Rubulad people, an institution at this point. I'm spinning from 2am on. And on, and on.Rubulad presents, on Saturday January 21stSnow Day!Featuring Live Acts:Mixel PixelMeasles Mumps RubellaDan Friel (Parts and Labor)The Mad SceneLana Guerra Birthday Spectacular (Flash Power Circus)Your DJs:kleverVice + SpinozaPorkchopDan SelzerSmall ChangeIn the Cabaret Lounge:Doomefish Theater CompanyThomas TruaxJeffrey Lewis & The JacksAdira AmramFeaturing DJ / Soundmen Kris Anton and AaroneousPlus:Jake Borndal's Xtreme Behavior Protective GearMake Your Own DIY Individual Unique Snowflake with Touching You and Jessica DelfinoPin the Pipe on the Snowman Game by O HO HOFrolic in our Ice Cave by Paul BurnSweets by Brownie PointsSupper by the Peoples??? PastaFabulous Food by Taste TestLight Circus by Norm Francouer10:00 pm doors; 10:00 pm show; 10 beans at the doorRubulad Home Base: 338 Flushing Ave., bet. Classon & TaffeeL train to Bedford Avenue > B61 bus on Driggs to Flushing Ave (10 mins) > left under BQE > Rubulad's on your right just past the gas station *OR* J / M / Z to Marcy Ave > walk along Rev. Dr. GE Taylor Blvd > turns into Williamsburg St West at Flushing > left under BQE.Or G Train to Flushing and follow address numbers.Note: The B61 bus runs from Greenpoint to Red Hook through Dumbo and Downtown Brooklyn. The B57 bus will take you to and from Bushwick, fast.Note: Please be considerate of our neighbors and try to be quiet when coming and going and avoid Taffee Street. Please do everyone a favor and hang out inside the space or in the roof / courtyard areas. Thanks very much for your help with this.Bring your mukluks!This just in! Joe McGinty Monday nights in January - keyboard karaoke at the Lucky Cat in Williamsburg! 245 Grand Street bet Driggs and Roebling 10:30 on.Look at www.lamiadesign.com to see pictures of Rubulad's New Years Eve party.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Nublu, Rubulad
    so, do you just look up the clubs with the most "u"s in the name and offer your services?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Nublu, Rubulad
    so, do you just look up the clubs with the most "u"s in the name and offer your services?

It's the future

• Yes, that's right, step on down motherfucker cos yer the next contestant on the price is wrong, so lets party like its $19.99! No whammies on the turntables, strictly musical dinette sets and vacations to Jamaica and elsewhere. Heat peephole, heat. And what's behind door number 3?! Could it be a turntable? A bottle of Cachaca? Its, its, its...oh I'm sorry...its a hangover. Drink more water next time!

Also Saturday, there is another installment of the made for TV movie/reality show known as Rubulad. In this episode, hundreds of clubgoers step thru the looking glass, hang out mr. mxyzptlk in bizarro world and get down to some funky shit from the fourth dimension. Sorry about the lack of Narnia references, but that shit is trademarked now by Herr Disney. So sorry to hear. Set your alarm clock to 13 and get your booty down to best funky ass four room freaky deaky get down get down late late no rebate musical massacre. If you don't know, now ya know bro. Or act like ya do. Cos its Rubulad people, an institution at this point. I'm spinning from 2am on. And on, and on.

i'm feeling your write ups.

• Nublu, Rubulad

It's the future

sorry I missed ya at the 45 fair. Wtf do you look like anyway?

And I'm completely against all this soft corporate doner money in the scene. Its poisoning it...

Until they float me a gig and some $$$. Then I'm all about these generous corporations helping out struggling arteests.

$??

• i'm feeling your write ups.

thanks capt! Working on bookin' yer ass for a rubulad soon.

Btw, that restaurant you referred me to on new years day was packed to the gils. So we went to your selection B, which to be fair, you warned me you had never eaten there, just friends of yours. Anyways don't believe the hype (or the Zagat guide in the window). Medoicre food and horrible service. When they gave me my change back w/o any ones they were almost begging me to stiff them. But I asked for change cos I've worked too many years in the service industry. It took another 2min to get ones. I thought this was a test from god...how much can a person endure before they stiff a mofo?! I guess for me, it has to be quite a lot.

Well to be fair, they weren't mean, just serverly understaffed and needed to get their shit together. But I would not recommend. Disappointing, cos I usually look forward to the fake meat chinese food. If you're ever in Parsippany NJ check Veggie Heaven, that's the bomb.

PMing you my addy, forgot about that shit.

$??

• Heat peephole

ayo!

• Nublu, Rubulad

yeah man, lookout for my next party at this new spot called...Vacuum.

$??