E-40 - Tell Me When To Go video

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
http://youtube.com/w/Tell-Me-When-To-Go---E-40-feat-Keak-Da-Sneak?v=9wx1zekipUw&search=tell%20me%20when%20to%20godidnt see this posted here yet. shits fucking awesome and im having trouble counting all the cameos so far

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    http://youtube.com/w/Tell-Me-When-To-Go---E-40-feat-Keak-Da-Sneak?v=9wx1zekipUw&search=tell%20me%20when%20to%20go

didnt see this posted here yet. shits fucking awesome and im having trouble counting all the cameos so far

Fuck a You Tube.

Here's the MPG: http://kickin-it.com/TellMeFinal.MPG

And seriously? I'm totally loving this video. Folks should all do black and white videos that showcase their local neighborhood/culture.

PUT YOUR STUNNA SHADES ON!!!!

• Oliver,

Any truth to the rumor that you do not have dreads but are thinking about growing some?

• According to the B-Sides mailer this is shot on Seminary.

If I wasn't listening to Mike2600's mix I would watch the video and confim

Oliver,

Any truth to the rumor that you do not have dreads but are thinking about growing some?

Chia dreads.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Reposting from another thread...

Please do a solid and...

Go to this link, click other, and type in E-40 - Tell Me When to Go as a request...as many times as you want to...every day.

http://www.hot933.fm/countdown/Hot8At8.aspx

Thankya.

Who directed this?

• The song is incredible and the video is real good. If this doesn't break hyphy national, I can't imagine anything doing it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    According to the B-Sides mailer this is shot on Seminary.

Moses Music?
    I found it funny that there was a Biggie poster in the store's window.

The song is incredible and the video is real good. If this doesn't break hyphy national, I can't imagine anything doing it.

I was thinking the same thing: the beat is sort of intimate club generic but not in a bad way: I mean, this would mix into a zillion other songs easily. As well Hsulu noted that the song itself is basically "Welcome to the Yay" - it's like a Bay Area primer.

Call and response with E-40 at the end? Awesome. I mean, this is the shit that's so good, Bay Area clubs would ask you NOT to play it.

According to the B-Sides mailer this is shot on Seminary.

Moses Music?

I found it funny that there was a Biggie poster in the store's window.

What, you sayin' Biggie can't rest in the West? See some breasts, smoke some nice cess in the West?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The song is incredible and the video is real good. If this doesn't break hyphy national, I can't imagine anything doing it.

I was thinking the same thing: the beat is sort of intimate club generic but not in a bad way: I mean, this would mix into a zillion other songs easily. As well Hsulu noted that the song itself is basically "Welcome to the Yay" - it's like a Bay Area primer.

Call and response with E-40 at the end? Awesome. I mean, this is the shit that's so good, Bay Area clubs would ask you NOT to play it.

but the real question is what does Saigon think about it?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've been banging the shit out of this song since I got it and will continue to do so "in a major way" everywhere I play. Hopefully we can get this momentum jumping off in NY with this record. I bet you I can.

Hi Matthew.

• that video is instant classic!

from tha west o. to the east o....

looks like lots of shots are at the west oakland olde train station (the one that is the subject of many a redeveloper's eye...)

on wood st. watch out for potholes

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Who directed this?

I just spoke to the guys who run B-Sides in Berkeley (best spot for hip-hop vinyl in the East Bay) and they sold out an entire box of promos for this song in two days.

• I've been banging the shit out of this song since I got it and will continue to do so "in a major way" everywhere I play. Hopefully we can get this momentum jumping off in NY with this record. I bet you I can.

Hi Matthew.

Cosmo bangeded this in SF and the crowd went superduperhyphie(yphy-yphy).

• shiggie says:

the L...the L...the L...the L...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    lemme know if anyone is needing this joint. We got a lot of them and this ain't hittin in LA.

lemme know if anyone is needing this joint. We got a lot of them and this ain't hittin in LA.

I do! Holler at your boy.

Question: what was the last identifiably "Bay" joint to really hit in LA?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Exactly... And while we've had these for a month, I think the only sales we have gotten off them are the bay area cats that shop on our site. Everyone else is sleepin...

• I've been banging the shit out of this song since I got it and will continue to do so "in a major way" everywhere I play. Hopefully we can get this momentum jumping off in NY with this record. I bet you I can.

Hi Matthew.

Glad to hear it. I always load the big homie Eleven down with a copy of every Yay release I can catch more than two of, but I get the sense he's too shook (or sensible) to play any of it out there.

I love the way the song serves as a primer on bay slanguage and the video translates it to a visual. Every out-of-Towner I know who sees it bugs the fuck out on the sideshow footage, like "you do WHAT out there?!?!" If it blows national, we gonna have Amish kids in horse and buggy ghost riding and turning tight ones.

• lemme know if anyone is needing this joint. We got a lot of them and this ain't hittin in LA.

easy

green day, bro

• I just spoke to the guys who run B-Side in Berkeley (best spot for hip-hop vinyl in the whole Bay[/b]) and they sold out an entire box of promos for this song in two days.

• lemme know if anyone is needing this joint. We got a lot of them and this ain't hittin in LA.

Exactly... And while we've had these for a month, I think the only sales we have gotten off them are the bay area cats that shop on our site. Everyone else is sleepin...

one of the few awesome things about LA.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I just spoke to the guys who run B-Sides in Berkeley (best spot for hip-hop vinyl in the East Bay) and they sold out an entire box of promos for this song in two days.

Counting the one I picked up, my local has been able to sell half the copies they got (and its been there for weeks)

As much as it should I don't think this will be the one to break national (and I'm afraid the poor pressing quality of the 12" doesn't help, has anyone else noticed decreasing quality of vinyl pressings in general lately?)... but who the fuck knows what else Jon and 40 have in store for us...

LOVE that beat, I don't think it should be lumped it with the intimate stuff at all... far too banging (it mixed well with a vintage house record last night)

I've been banging the shit out of this song since I got it and will continue to do so "in a major way" everywhere I play. Hopefully we can get this momentum jumping off in NY with this record. I bet you I can.

Hi Matthew.

Glad to hear it. I always load the big homie Eleven down with a copy of every Yay release I can catch more than two of, but I get the sense he's too shook (or sensible) to play any of it out there.

I love the way the song serves as a primer on bay slanguage and the video translates it to a visual. Every out-of-Towner I know who sees it bugs the fuck out on the sideshow footage, like "you do WHAT out there?!?!" If it blows national, we gonna have Amish kids in horse and buggy ghost riding and turning tight ones.

I was thinking the same thing...which is funny since sideshows go way, way back and even national press was writing up on it about one or two years ago. But this seems like it might be the first video with national spread to help put it out there visually. I don't want to overstate this, but watching it made me think of those early Glenn Friedman Z-Boys photos - partially it's the aesthetic of the video but also the idea that they're repping these compelling snapshots of the Bay's local scene.

I would have to think though: hasn't there been any videos previous to this to use sideshow footage?

easy

green day, bro

he said "identifiably 'Bay'" not "identifiably 'mall punk.'"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I would have to think though: hasn't there been any videos previous to this to use sideshow footage?

As a lifelong eastcoaster, my first exposure to the CRAZY sideshow shit was on the Messy Marv Exhibition of Speed DVD...

• fox11 news did an "expose" on sideshows about 6 months ago. they were trying to scare the shit out of folks about how reckless and dangerous it is. anyways, some of the streets here are like 8 lanes across. no tight turns needed. it just be dudes driving around in a big ol circle. which would be kinda funny too.