Holy MICROWAVE!!! I'm violatin' str8 up!!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'm saeeling my Serato and my TTM54(no i) ASAP!!! COTTDAMN!!!

Comments

• Sweet Mother of Bleeding Jesus.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I am SAYING!!! It's copped!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    woah

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    bout time...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i just pooed myself.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's still a good idea to have serato as a separate unit. You wouldn't want to lug your expensive 57 all over town on top of your laptop now.

Plus a lot of spots will not let you bring your own mixer in.

still, it is quite awesome. The internal effects intrigues me....

• it's still a good idea to have serato as a separate unit. You wouldn't want to lug your expensive 57 all over town on top of your laptop now.

Plus a lot of spots will not let you bring your own mixer in.

still, it is quite awesome. The internatl effects intrigues me....

It's not that I want one for myself (yeah, right); what I would truly love is for every club in my area to replace their current in-house mixer with this.

That would truly be a look that is good.

I know that some clubs here have bought Serato just so they could keep the box hooked up at all times, which is also nice.

But can you imagine rollin' into your gig and seeing this thing in the booth?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    sweet, they even replaced that crappy rj11 jack they used for power. a standard power cable, imagine that.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sweet, they even replaced that crappy rj11 jack they used for power.

The Achilles heel of the Rane mixer. Most DJs I know who travel a lot and bring their Ranes with them always have one of those phone jack crimper/replacer kits along for the ride to be able to take care of the inevitable power cable problems.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I still think you'll have a hard time convincing a big big club to put a 2 channel as the in house mixer. The empath surely will be next in line for serato, now that I can see being a standard.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    why cant they just put a hard drive and a screen / scroll wheel on this bitch and be done with it??.. screw lugging a laptop as well.. this is still obsolete technology in my mind as they should ALREADY have an all in one unit on the market by now.

• how much?

if it's under 1,000 i'm putting my 54i on ebay

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    me thinks it will break the $1000 barrier.

you never know though

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    me thinks it will break the $1000 barrier.

you never know though

Yeah, I mean, each system costs $700 independently right? put 'em together and I don't see them selling this for less than $1200 or so.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    how much?

if it's under 1,000 i'm putting my 54i on ebay

im doubting it will be under a g since the ttm56 still selling at $749 (non deal type places). But who knows, im definitley expecting the 56 prices to drop. My guess is around $1200 for the 57s

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    why cant they just put a hard drive and a screen / scroll wheel on this bitch and be done with it??.. screw lugging a laptop as well.. this is still obsolete technology in my mind as they should ALREADY have an all in one unit on the market by now.

i agree, but the big problem with these all in one units is that if one thing breaks, the entire thing is obsolete.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    it's going to be at least a thousand. i would not be suprised if it was closer to 1500.

im personally against all-in-one units unless they're proven to be sturdy. the main reason is, if the serato box in this breaks, you are either out of serato or the entire mixer when it's getting replaced. same thing goes for the mixer itself and the effects. another reason is, if a new effects board comes out or if a new serato box comes out, i can't just sell the effects or the serato in the mixer. i think this new mixer is great for clubs that are interested in high quality equipment and who are trying to help their djs out, but for a personal mixer, i probably wouldn't get it. also like dubious said, they really need to come out with something that has a display and space to plug-in a hard drive or whatever. THAT will be some shit

they really need to come out with something that has a display and space to plug-in a hard drive or whatever. THAT will be some shit

It's only matter of time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that rotary empath looks fucking nice too! i never noticed that before

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    msrp is $1700 supposedly......

actual retail should be a couple hundred lower.

• if a new serato box comes out, i can't just sell the effects or the serato in the mixer.

true, to me it's kinda strange that they are still using USB and not USB2. i hope having the built in hardware wont keep them from updating the stand alone box when needed. ideally they would make the built-in serato modual so you could just swap it out when they needed to update it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    on the rane website it said that there are USB firmware updates which is definitely a good look. the rane representatives on their forum have said several times that they will never charge for software upgrades which i'm guessing probably extends to firmware also.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm saeeling my Serato and my TTM54(no i) ASAP!!!

COTTDAMN!!!

dual headphone jacks!

foot switch?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

foot switch?

Not at all, especially if you want to echo out of a mix or scratch.

• XLR outs are a must, no more having to bring your own balanced 1/4 inch TRS to XLR's, or hoping that they have decent direct boxes at the venue.

only 1 turntable ground is annoying though. going back to the days when i had a vextax 06

• only 1 turntable ground is annoying though. going back to the days when i had a vextax 06

yea, this was a bad move. i have had problems with Serato on an Allen & Heath Mixer because there is only one ground. If your turntables get unearthed, the music starts jumping all over the place and there is serious feedback.

foot switch?

Not at all, especially if you want to echo out of a mix or scratch.

Hands free effects triggering!!! Cats have been doing that for years...

I was chatting with the folks at Rane earlier today...the lowest the 57 is likely to go for is going to be $1500, just so ya'll know.