What's the earliest I can start an unpaid dispute?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So a guy with no feedback who registered the day of buys a record buy-it-now... I invoice immediately... and... nothing. Granted, it's been a day and a half only, but I feel like, if you're going to "buy-it-now" then you have to buy it now. Otherwise, throw your bid down and wait till the end of the auction.I normally give folls 7 days (unless I receive communication before that) but this one's kind of got my trigger finger itching. WHAT WOULD MARK LATENCY DO

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    a week is the earlist eBay will let you.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    7 days is the set rule on ebay.

• oh.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i blame soulstrut... seriously.

over the years that ive been on soulstrut ive been selling on ebay. to go on, ive noticed that when i run up against some other dudes here or i get some haters PMing me about something i wrote they dont agree with, that it tends to coincide with my auctions being won by people who just signed on. which in turn means no money and dealing with ebay to get your pennies back from these fucks who just want to fuck with a mans business.

anyway, its one of the reasons i dont use ebay much and when i do i sell under a different name and NEVER post up the auctions here or other message boards.

bunch of fucking children out there...

• i blame soulstrut... seriously.

over the years that ive been on soulstrut ive been selling on ebay. to go on, ive noticed that when i run up against some other dudes here or i get some haters PMing me about something i wrote they dont agree with, that it tends to coincide with my auctions being won by people who just signed on. which in turn means no money and dealing with ebay to get your pennies back from these fucks who just want to fuck with a mans business.

anyway, its one of the reasons i dont use ebay much and when i do i sell under a different name and NEVER post up the auctions here or other message boards.

Ummmmm...................hate?

• then my question is, can I relist without getting neg feedback? Dude has 0 feedback and reg 1/16/06. I am not comfortable

What's your payment policy? Do you have a "due date?" If you do, then if he doesn't pay and it's 7 days and you put in the unpaid dispute, everything is covered (you might still get a neg, but you've covered your bases appropriately). If not, possible negative venom with (albeit tepid/mild) justification.

PS I HATE[/b] when bidders do not contact you as a seller to tell you the story. It pisses me off like no other as a seller, besides not paying at all.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yeah im hating... i wasnt misleading in anything i wrote... theres a bunch of bitches out there fucking with our businesses. if i had a liquor store it would be the same as if someone came in and ruined my merchandise so i have to go through the trouble or losing money, time, patience, etc.

if you dislike something someone says or does dont attack that persons money... howd you like it if while you were cleaning toilets i came in and drove a screwdriver in your fucking neck? would ruin your day and piss you off huh?...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    . howd you like it if while you were cleaning toilets i came in and drove a screwdriver in your fucking neck? would ruin your day and piss you off huh?...

Eh, no, I think I would just die

• What's your payment policy? Do you have a "due date?" If you do, then if he doesn't pay and it's 7 days and you put in the unpaid dispute, everything is covered (you might still get a neg, but you've covered your bases appropriately). If not, possible negative venom with (albeit tepid/mild) justification.

I mean, that kind of isn't the point, I usually allow 7 days for payment (or reasonable explanation)... but if I let 7 days lapse the rest of the auctions finish and it's a loss for me, I wouldn't relist it by itself.

I understand your end, but in the "buyer's eyes", some c.y.a. might be needed in order to make it clear to dude that "you don't play."

• No hard feelings.. I just wanted to post that clip

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    i blame soulstrut... seriously.

"Bunch of savages in this town"

Now gimme that sons and daughter os light Lp damnit!