WTF is up with eBay sellers nowadays?!!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Dudes,My experiences on eBay lately have been, shall we say lackluster. Perhaps I was lucky in all my previous dealings. First-$5 for "shipping" and it's shipped media w/out insurance or even delivery confirmation?! What the fuck? That shit is a mega overcharge (My experience, dude paid $1.42, say mailer was $1 (which it wasn't), "cab fare", it still doesn't add up). Second-I am never buying a VG+ record on eBay again. This used to be a respectable grade, now it has become very sketchy. Sellers, tighten up! Your fucked up grading fucks with my hustle! I try my best to be strict, dudes who are fucking lax make the average VG+ graded record's value go down because of their substandard grading[/b]Third-Overseas fellas, don't tell me you're shipping "priority airmail", then I get the package and it says "economique" on it. I know French, and even if I didn't, I could figure it out. Quit the shamming!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Obligatory

• HATTERS

• Yeah VG+ is super spotty these days. Could be NM, could be VG. Total toss-up.

On a whim I bought a "G" graded record to fill out a label discography and it's NM with a slight warp. Fuggin G!!! Shit looks almost new!!!

I've also had the exact opposite.
    Won a bill mason for a decent price and had to send it back. Looked like squirrels had danced the watusi on it.

Shit's out of control.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm mads!
    But seriously, dudes not doing their thing properly waters down the market and makes us all as sellers look bad. Shit is kinda depressing actually.

• HATTERS

Get your G graded vinyl game face on bitch.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Looked like squirrels had danced the watusi on it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Got a record from a strutter with so much ringwear cover looks like a shitstain frisbee. Things are gettin hectic.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ringwear offender on blast or you're Mistra Softee

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

MAJOR COSIGNATURE.

bitches have no idea how to grade, have no idea how to package records, and overcharge for shipping.

present company excluded. unless ebay id "freshwax" is on here, and that dude can suck a fat donkey dick. bring it bitch.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Grading on e-bay is pretty suspect these days. I had to send 2 45s back last month, both for mis-grading (and they were both way off). Consequently, I'm on e-bay hiatus.

• I also want to say "whats up with ebay buyers nowadays" , if viva_mexico_kabrones is on here i would like to tell him to contact me, what's the use in bidding on records if you won't doing anything about it after you've won

Timewasters..

/L

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah VG+ is super spotty these days.

A big co-sign there. I'm not buying anything that's graded under Ex, and even dudes that grade shit VG++ and sending shit thats no better than VG.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yeah VG+ is super spotty these days.

A big co-sign there. I'm not buying anything that's graded under Ex, and even dudes that grade shit VG++ and sending shit thats no better than VG.

You might wanna check a seller's grading scale before you do that, many Americans don't use EX at all... which I would presume means your EX is our VG+