Ebay

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So I used "buy it now" on Ebay. The auction said he took Paypal. I tried to pay for it and it said that Paypal account was booboo. I've sent the guy like 5 emails asking for another Paypal address, or a real address so I can send a MO. Dude hasn't responded. That was just over aweek ago. He and I both have perfect feedback. What should I do?!?!?!?!?!?Just wait??

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

What record?

• Maybe he's not getting your emails, or is ignoring them.
    Get the seller's info and just call dude. 99.99% of people never do this on ebay or don't know it's an option. Be a super nice standup type guy. Seller will be so shocked/weirded out you called him I guarantee you'll have a resolution the next day.

I bought a copy of hannibal & the sunrise orchestra on sunrise, the private press one I "real headz"d, for $40. I paid with paypal right away. Honestly I think seller didn't really want to ship it because it sold so low. A few weeks went by, emails were ignored. One artificially nice phone call later it was in the mail.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Maybe he's not getting your emails, or is ignoring them.
    Get the seller's info and just call dude. 99.99% of people never do this on ebay or don't know it's an option. Be a super nice standup type guy. Seller will be so shocked/weirded out you called him I guarantee you'll have a resolution the next day.

I bought a copy of hannibal & the sunrise orchestra on sunrise, the private press one I "real headz"d, for $40. I paid with paypal right away. Honestly I think seller didn't really want to ship it because it sold so low. A few weeks went by, emails were ignored. One artificially nice phone call later it was in the mail.

it should be noted that when you get an ebay member's contact info, they automatically get your info as well (both via e-mail). i just tried it out just to see how to do it, for an item that i have no reason to believe i will not be satisfied with, not knowing the seller would get my info too. hopefully he won't freak out that i requested his contact info.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Maybe he's not getting your emails, or is ignoring them.

it should be noted that when you get an ebay member's contact info, they automatically get your info as well (both via e-mail). i just tried it out just to see how to do it, for an item that i have no reason to believe i will not be satisfied with, not knowing the seller would get my info too. hopefully he won't freak out that i requested his contact info.

True, but unless you employ a P.O. Box, the seller is getting your address regardless--which is really more of a source of concern than your phone number.