Las Vegas

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I got a five hour window on Friday after my meeting is over and before my plane leaves. Any spots that would be worth a $20-25 cab ride to hit up? I saw some spots listed: Balcony Lights, Big Bs, one other one.... Would appreciate a good opinion. I can gamble or buy records w/ my small amount of time, I'd rather buy records.Just looking for a spot w/ a good selection of shit in the cheap to $20 range. Not lookin' for mega raers or anything.Thanks.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    There's 2 Record Citys on E Sahara close together, one of them is strictly dollar bin, the other has lots of cheap-$20 records.

• There's 2 Record Citys on E Sahara close together, one of them is strictly dollar bin, the other has lots of cheap-$20 records.

Thanks man. I found an old thread that "el sparko" had started that had some info.

What's the scoop on this Big B's place?

I just learned that Wax Trax is not for me.

What about this "ZIA" place?

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    The two Record City's on Sahara are close to the strip and are in walking distance of each other, which may be your best cab ride option.

Big B's and Zia are both good spots and are relatively close to each other (like 2 miles apart), but farther from the strip. Balcony Lights recently closed it's doors...

• Which would you choose:

a) hit both Record Citys

or

b) hit ZIA's and Big Bs

???

thanks y'all......

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'd hit all four.

PM me, I'll go digging with you. Save you some cab fare.

- spidey

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'll be there on Saturday until Thursday......

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    you should gamble - that way you a.) help me live in a tax free state and b.) leave the raers behind for me!

but like MalusAranea said, all 4 are worth hitting...

• you should gamble - that way you a.) help me live in a tax free state and b.) leave the raers behind for me!

Doe is really gettin his post count up. I'm proud of you. Homie should ask Doe where the records really are...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you should gamble - that way you a.) help me live in a tax free state and b.) leave the raers behind for me!

Doe is really gettin his post count up. I'm proud of you. Homie should ask Doe where the records really are...

his house

• you should gamble - that way you a.) help me live in a tax free state and b.) leave the raers behind for me!

Hey Doe, where the records really are?

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    Hey Doe, where the records really are?

unfortunately they are few and far between in this dry desert town