CINCO DE MAYO (aka Top 5's de 5/5/05)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
[color:brown](Denotes "down for the brown" related)[/color][color:green]FIRME HINAS CON NALGAS GRANDOTES[/b][/color] [color:black]1. Mi Familia[/b][color:brown]The old man just built a hugemongous new house, Ma's doing well, little brother is 'bout to clock some serious feria when he's done with Cornell, sis is Superwoman pulling in a 4.0 GPA at the U while being a strong single mom and my bad ass "most falls" little brother is about to graduate high school. (Damn, writing this makes me realize I need to step up MY focus.)[/color]2. The Dresden Dolls[/b] My good friend "W*dnesday" introduced me to this [color:white] while, ummmmm...salt & peppering the mango last Wednesday. Odd background music for such an activity, but damn if it didn't work perfectly. (Truth be told, she could've played the Black-Eyed Peas ft. Joey Fatone and The Bay Area "Woo-Woo" Man and I would've dug it. Homegirl had me oh-so-suckseptible.) Since then, the duo has been clangin' the keys, shouting, whispering, then shouting again whilst I go mimis, Mexican for "puttin' headz to bed!"[/color]3. Kokane - Mr. Kane Pt. 2[/b] Someone needs to let this dude sing more hooks.[color:brown]Kokane ft. Down aka Kilo - Pinky Ring Hook Up[/color] aqui.4. Hippity Hop What?! Hippity Hop Locos![/b] If I wasn't so lazy, I'd start a Lighter Shade Of Brown Appreciation Thread. "Homies," "Lowrider Madness," "Spill The Rhyme," "Latin Active," and, of course, "On A Sunday Afternoon" kept me cholo-dancing all throughout my high school days.[color:brown]You too can get your cholo-dance on in 3 easy steps!1. Unbutton your button up (except for that top one, hoLmes!)2. With a stern look on your face, put your feet together, elbows out and place your closed fists against your chest with your thumbs up 3. Sway from side-to-side....??Ay, que suave![/color]5. The wind[/b] I think the ex may have finally moved out of this small town. It's probably the best thing that could've happen for us. [color:brown]Girl is una firme guerita, pero born & raised in the barrios of South Tucson. Mexican By Injection. (We put a little cinnamon in our milk from time to time.) [/color][color:white]This particular space is only here to separate the good from the bad. There is no need for a hidden message here.[/color] [color:red]PINCHES FEAS[/color][/b][/color]1. The wind[/b]I think the ex may have finally moved out of this small town. It's probably the best thing that could've happen for us, BUT GODDAMN IT FEELS LIKE THE WORST.[/b]Herm

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    dang homie, noone celebrating this fine holiday witchu? well fuck it, lemme be the first.

CHINGON

1. Just got back from a lovely trip to Santa Fe, got to see some friends I haven't seen in like 10 years.

2. My homies funeral went off well, even though he wasn't actually THERE, and the celebration afterwards was really nice. My other friends little brother read some words he had written about Jairo since he couldn't be there, it was beautiful.

3. Found out his mom is giving me his record collection. Not that I WANTED anything, but with me is where they belong, we came up buying all that stuff together and I plan on keeping it as it's own seperate collection like he wanted it. Not selling or trading any of it...EVER. Just gonna cherish the memories that are located within each sleeve.

4. Everyone loved the mix cd I made for the wake. I made a mix of a bunch of songs he loved and had my friend that did his tattoo send me the drawing and used it for the cover along with some words about him on the inside. Made 50 and handed them out to the homies...it did my heart well to hear people say they loved it and it reminded them of him.

5. ok enough sad happiness...I found my favorite corn chips in the world back home...PLAIN Doritos!!! you can't get those just anywhere, gotta love regional foods.

CHINGAO

1. the drive to and from Santa Fe SUCKED...12 hours driving, alone, bleh.

2. The sermon at the mass was wack as fuck. fuckin priest saying shit like "I know all of you feel uncomfortable because most of you aren't catholic and none of you are members of this church" like anyone in there felt uncomfortable, but we sure do now...gee thanks fuckwad, can we get back to cherishing the memory of my dead friend, fuckin asswipe. save the guilt for confession.

3. Dealt with a PSYCHO girl last night, got drunk with my roomate, attacked me (in a good way), came out of my room in a tshirt and panties while I was in the bathroom and told my roomate she "gives the best head", then got mad at me because I didn't want her to drink anymore and proceeds to say "you got what you want, you're just fuckin using me anyways" in front of my roomate. fuckin lame, I was kinda digging her too. thats just the short version too, she was out of control...it is kinda funny though. Homegirl is way cool sober, who knew a few glasses of wine would turn her into a fuckin nutbag.

that's all, good defeats evil on this Cincoest of days.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    go Herm! Get your Mexican on- school was crazy today, Mexican flags everywhere, young Latinos wilin' out in the halls, dancing senoritas, ole!

GUACAMOLE

1. I just discovered racquetball. So fun!

I finally have a legit reason to rock a sweatband!

2. Zoe has befriended this amazingly cute puppy named Flash.

3. Kashi GoLean diet, this shit is actually pretty tasty.

4. I'm about to finish my big Child/Adolescent Development class

5. Got to hang at the Hotel Del with my folks last week, Sweet.

what aren't my pics working??????? I just spent 15 minutes on this freaking post!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Some heavy fuckin Mexican rock for that Cinco de Mayo azz.

1. La Revolucion De Emiliano Zapata - Nasty Sex
    2. The Spiders - Back
    3. La Vida - Words of King
    4. 39.4 - Electronic Citizen
    5. Enrique Olivarez - Als Place

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    We have a cute-ass Jack Russell, but THAT PUP IS CUTE!!!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    Some heavy fuckin Mexican rock for that Cinco de Mayo azz.

1. La Revolucion De Emiliano Zapata - Nasty Sex
    2. The Spiders - Back
    3. La Vida - Words of King
    4. 39.4 - Electronic Citizen
    5. Enrique Olivarez - Als Place

now were talkin!

feelin fine right about now...
    1. zapata - viva la raza
    2. vicente fernandez - volver volver
    3. nafro - slippin' into darkness
    4. nafro - sunday grining
    5. War - cinco de mayo

bonus: 2 carne asada tacos

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    hows about some Chavela Vargas for all the Cinco de Mayo'rs who are down in the dumps today?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ALL TOPS:[/b]

1. Finishing grad school:

Every student has to suffer through a week of comprehensive exams. Basically, you have to select 3 different professors who submit a question that turns into either a ~15 page paper or project, all due exactly a week from when you begin them. (HELL)

That said, this is the best e-mail I have ever received:

Hi A********,

You passed the MJ comps. Time to celebrate!

--DL

Temple University

2. Getting a job:

I've been submitting job applications on the East Coast for months and running to the hosue phone in the middle of the day whenever it rings, only to hear it's somebody coming to look at my apartment the following day. I finally got a call to be the Communications Coordinator and a major university here's dental school. The interview for the job was amazing. It uses so many of the skills I've devloped and it's a block walking distance from my doorstep.

The lady who I interviewed with called back to ask me to come in for a second round and said she "thoroughly enjoyed" our conversation. The best thing you can do for yourself in an interview is when you walk in the door and meet your prospective employer for the first time. Turn that charm on full blast. It really sets the tone for the rest of the interview.

3. Searching for a new crib:

Looking for a new apartment has been a curse and a blessing. I've certainly outgrown my current spot, but the building is dope and everything is just where I want it to be, but I need more space. I'm going on an apartment tour in the morning of several different places that I may end up choosing from.

4. Graduation:

Fam coming up, going out to dinner with my moms and my girl for the first time! (Should I be nervous about that?) Ha!

IMG SRC="http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/63/62709/dsc08097.jpg" width=350>

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

For a second there I thought that was a new Dipset album!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    'AI[/b]
    1. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I had Chinese food for dinner. It's not good Chinese food, but for now it will do.
    2. Got a nice check today, so with it I bought:
    3. new issue of Wax Poetics, "Can't Stop Won't Stop" by Jeff Chang, and new CD's by Quasimoto and Z-Trip. I'd prefer to get vinyl for both, so maybe next week I'll make an order through Sandbox or something.
    4. Discovered a place around here with gas a full two cents lower than any of the other pumps.
    5. Saw an ad for a yard sale with some potential. It happens tomorrow morning. I haven't been to a yard or garage sale in a few years, and I'm itching to dig through heaps of crap again.

A'OLE[/b]
    1. I missed a bid on Style's "What A Brother Know" 12"
    2. That Gwen Stefani video is only good when she isn't in it. As Ashanti might say, it's BANANAS.
    3. I need to get out of town. I still have to pay some bills, so heading up to Seattle or down to Portland, if only for a weekend, has to wait.
    4. Everyone I've written to concerning the book I'm doing, no one has written back. I will keep on pushing, but perhaps I should start on another book project I've been wanting to do.
    5. eh, nothing else.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Herm is the motherfucking MANG - you're a serious asset to this place [color:pink](no joto)[/color].

No time for 5's cause i'm getting my shit ready for this weekends ruckus with Mike the Twentyhuckus.

Tell me that dog doesn't look like he's saying "you know what i'm sayin'?"

• UNO) Working on my first freelance graphic design gig for N**e. 100% creative freedom, good pay, large name to add to my resume.

DOS) I was shopping some of my new design / art zines around town and brought them into a local store / boutique type place. The owner looks at them, points to my logo on the front, and asks "Are you Mike Davis?" "Yes?" I answer / ask. She told me I should be expecting an email from someone at the full-time job I just applied for. The art director who was reviewing my resume and portfolio was friends with the store's owner, also a graphic designer, and called her to ask if she had heard of me ... FIVE MINUTES BEFORE I WALKED INTO THE STORE. By the time I had gotten home, there was an email from her telling me my portfolio is standing out among the other applicants' and I should be expecting a call sometime soon.

TRES) Chicken and cheese enchiladas with some rice and one of those little piles of sweet corn stuff. That corn pile should come with every meal at every restaurant.

QUATRO) = the number of turntables D.A.Y. and I will be rockin' less than 24 hours from now. Been lookin' forward to cuttin some recs with this dude for a while and I intend to get some audio and photos online for you non-Portlandiers. Non-non-Portland folks: visit the Announcements section for the whurrs and whens.

CINCO) Earlier this week, I ended a three year-long procrastination spree by upgrading to OSX on my computer. Rest in peeeeeeee-uss OS9.

Miguel Dos-Mil Seis-Sient??

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    UNO) Working on my first freelance graphic design gig for N**e. 100% creative freedom, good pay, large name to add to my resume.

DOS) I was shopping some of my new design / art zines around town and brought them into a local store / boutique type place. The owner looks at them, points to my logo on the front, and asks "Are you Mike Davis?" "Yes?" I answer / ask. She told me I should be expecting an email from someone at the full-time job I just applied for. The art director who was reviewing my resume and portfolio was friends with the store's owner, also a graphic designer, and called her to ask if she had heard of me ... FIVE MINUTES BEFORE I WALKED INTO THE STORE. By the time I had gotten home, there was an email from her telling me my portfolio is standing out among the other applicants' and I should be expecting a call sometime soon.

Bustin' movez in the real headz know the worldz.

Congrats, dude. Rock that shit, homie.

Herm

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

QUATRO) = the number of turntables D.A.Y. and I will be rockin' less than 24 hours from now. Been lookin' forward to cuttin some recs with this dude for a while and I intend to get some audio and photos online for you non-Portlandiers. Non-non-Portland folks: visit the Announcements section for the whurrs and whens.

major canoodling alert!!! [/b]