?? for the Arrested Development heads

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Did AD finish up its abbreviated third season on Fox already? I know 24 is fixin' to take over the Monday night spot.This third season has been a travesty. Poor, poor promotion and a sorry time slot. I missed like two or three episodes myself. Any recommendations as to where I might could find these on the net? I know it will involve me stepping my torrent game up.

Comments

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts

Episode 9 is pure gold. Many references to whats going on with the show in real life.

George Sr. "I don't think the Home Builders Association is going to want us."
    Michael "no the HBO definatly doesn't want US, looks like it'll have to be Showtime"

What a great show, sad to see it go. I don't know what they're doing with the rest of season, seems real, "show it when we feel like it." I know people thatt got them from torrents, best bet is to find a friend with Tivo.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Four episodes left, Fox will air all four in one two hour block on Feb. 10th (opposite the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies.

From Variety:

"Arrested Development" will wrap its third -- and likely last -- season on Fox next month with a two-hour swan song slated to air opposite the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics.
    Fox has decided to package four episodes of "Arrested" and air them as a two-hour season finale from 8-10 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, replacing the net's usual lineup of "Malcolm in the Middle," "Bernie Mac" and "Trading Spouses."

Justine Bateman and Judge Reinhold have filmed guest shots for the finale, with the former playing Nellie Bluth, the long-lost sister of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman).

While Fox's "Idol"-packed winter and spring schedule makes the Friday airdate something less than shocking, scheduling the broadcast opposite the first night of the Olympics sends another strong signal that the net has given up any hope of reviving the show. Late last year, Fox decided to reduce the "Arrested" third-season episode order to 13.

Both ABC and Showtime have offered to pick up "Arrested" from producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine Television (Daily Variety, Dec. 14).

After an initial flurry of talks, conversations have apparently cooled as "Arrested" creator Mitch Hurwitz wraps post-production on the final four episodes of the season.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Episode 9 is pure gold. Many references to whats going on with the show in real life.

George Sr. "I don't think the Home Builders Association is going to want us."
    Michael "no the HBO definatly doesn't want US, looks like it'll have to be Showtime"

What a great show, sad to see it go. I don't know what they're doing with the rest of season, seems real, "show it when we feel like it." I know people thatt got them from torrents, best bet is to find a friend with Tivo.

I didn't see this episode but did George Sr. say "Home Builders Organization"? Or "Association"? Since, well, you don't get HBO from the latter.

Acronym czech?!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    if you guys are into torrents you can get them here

• I didn't see this episode but did George Sr. say "Home Builders Organization"? Or "Association"? Since, well, you don't get HBO from the latter.

Acronym czech?!

HE REALLY SAID HOME BUILDERS ORGANIZATION! Michael responded by saying HBO or something.
    IT was great, it was a direct hit on HBO. I was surprised at first too, thinking he meant to say Association. Since it was followed by the "it's showtime" line....my mouth just fell open...

The entire show was a big commentary on the current state of affairs w/the show!

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I heard third hand a few weeks ago from what I would call a hollywood insider that showtime or cinemax (or some other premium channel, I forget which now), but not HBO, was the biggest possibility. Nothing concrete, they just seemed to be the prime suitor, but I wouldn't count on anything.

• Shit, and here I thought the thread was gonna be about the music group. No, really.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ya can't wait to see the final 4...i think showtime or abc is gonna pickup the next season

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i think showtime or abc is gonna pickup the next season

is this pure speculation or did these tips come from your tarot card reader?

• BTW, it seems Fox is going to air the final four episodes of the season in a two hour block opposite the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.

Yeah, I like the olympics and all...but, the real history will be on Fox. (Which I will probably stop watching for like a year after the end of AD, seeing as the Simpsons is suckier than any of the shitty metaphors I thought of trying to make a joke here. And that is shitty...)

• Here is some more info and a link on the above season finale info:

"OUT OF THE BLUTH: Fox has announced a Friday, Feb. 10, two-hour season finale ??? that's what the memo says, season finale ??? for Arrested Development. In the season finale ??? that's what the memo says, season finale ??? Fast Times at Ridgemont High's Judd Reinhold will guest-star, as well as Arrested headliner Jason Bateman's real-life sis, Family Ties alum Justine Bateman, playing a woman who may or may not be Michael's half-sister."

It sounds like they're going to air the final 4 episodes.

http://tvguide.com/News/Entertainment

no, not speculation...apparently among the proposals for the show were 13 episodes by ABC and 26 episodes by Showtime. Fox has to officially cancel for another network to pick it up...and i think the firing off of the last 4 episodes of an emmy award winning show on the same night of an Olympics opener, when the show is already dismal in ratings is a good sign of giving up and leading to an official cancellation. I think Arrested Development could get huge in its second life, better promotion would help it...and it may be a hit with interet downloads through itunes (and dvd sales, a few days after the season 3 episode reduction season 1 and 2 were like top 2 and 4 spots on the best dvd selling lists...could be that family guy rebirth shit all over again. This season has been pretty dumbed down and show is still fucking sick (though i didnt enjoy the brit shit too much). the only shit worrying me is the cast...Gob is gonna be a hollywood star, dude's enrolled in enough movies and shit. i still its fucking hilarious and awesome that david cross is on a sitcom.

no, not speculation...apparently among the proposals for the show were 13 episodes by ABC and 26 episodes by Showtime. Fox has to officially cancel for another network to pick it up...and i think the firing off of the last 4 episodes of an emmy award winning show on the same night of an Olympics opener, when the show is already dismal in ratings is a good sign of giving up and leading to an official cancellation. I think Arrested Development could get huge in its second life, better promotion would help it...and it may be a hit with interet downloads through itunes (and dvd sales, a few days after the season 3 episode reduction season 1 and 2 were like top 2 and 4 spots on the best dvd selling lists...could be that family guy rebirth shit all over again. This season has been pretty dumbed down and show is still fucking sick (though i didnt enjoy the brit shit too much). the only shit worrying me is the cast...Gob is gonna be a hollywood star, dude's enrolled in enough movies and shit. i still its fucking hilarious and awesome that david cross is on a sitcom.

thanks

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    no, not speculation...apparently among the proposals for the show were 13 episodes by ABC and 26 episodes by Showtime. Fox has to officially cancel for another network to pick it up...

source please?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Noz,

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/383570p-325597c.html

Confirms the Showtime rumors but those have been floating around for months and nothing's been confirmed.

i loved this show as much as anyone, but i honestly think think they should put it to rest. it had two great seasons, and some funny moments in the third. there would be way too many creative and business complications to pull off another successful run at another network or station.

no, not speculation...apparently among the proposals for the show were 13 episodes by ABC and 26 episodes by Showtime. Fox has to officially cancel for another network to pick it up...

source please?

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=29233

News Briefs: 'Arrested' Developments
    A few weeks ago, news broke that Showtime and ABC were vying for the presumably canceled Fox comedy "Arrested Development." Turns out ABC offered producers Imagine Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television a 13-episode commitment to the series, which a network spokesperson has now confirmed. Showtime, meanwhile, has offered a two-year commitment, which would likely translate to 26 episodes. Sources said producers are still mulling both offers. Meanwhile, the series continues to struggle on Fox, with its most recent episode drawing a mere 4.2 million viewers. Sources said an ABC deal, especially in the wake of the show's most recent performance, is unlikely. Last year Fox reduced the third-season order of "Arrested" from 22 to 13 episodes. Though the show has not been officially canceled, the reduction triggered a clause in the show's contract enabling producers to shop the series elsewhere.

here's more stuff on showtime,
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-01-17-tca-fox_x.htm

i loved this show as much as anyone, but i honestly think think they should put it to rest. it had two great seasons, and some funny moments in the third. there would be way too many creative and business complications to pull off another successful run at another network or station.

nah i think it should go on, though i hear what you're saying. the thing about the show that was sickening was the dynamics between the characters, you got 9 characters, so its like 9 * 9 *...well i never did finite math so i'm fucking up...but there's sick chemistry between the characters, and cast changes would fuck that up. but i think of it the same with music in terms of what you're saying...like how many artists we wished just stopped when they peaked (usually before the sophomore album! ) but despite arrested dev having an initial weak 3rd season, episodes 6,7,8,9 picked the fuck up and im convinced that the writers still have a lot of good sheit to contribute. i also think of it as if u wanted the show to stop, just pretend it died at the peak of when u think it was. like i pretend stevie wonder didnt make an album past the 70s, nas made 1 album, the first starwars without jar jar is the legit version and the simpsons got cancelled after the 8th season.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would think they would have more freedom on showtime than fox, no? although part of the show's charm is it being what it is without having any curses or nudity or whatever.

if by freedom u mean cussing allowed, i think the creator mitch hurwitz said in prior interviews that if the opportunity ever presented itself for them to be allowed to swear, they'd stick with the bleeping, as its funnier. i think the debate between abc and showtime is, abc would have a bigger budget and potential to advertise to the masses, but the negative is that if the ratings continued to be low, they'd just scrap it. if showtime picked it up, the budget would be less (so some castmembers might get the ax...it takes like a million$ to make each episode) but it would be more secure because ratings aren't as important as its a subscribing type of deal.

oh and im getting my information from here if anyone's wondering
    http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3115654&st=4335

i pretend stevie wonder didnt make an album past the 70s, nas made 1 album, the first starwars without jar jar is the legit version and the simpsons got cancelled after the 8th season.

(and lennon only released two solo albums)