Who runs a mixtape site? need advice

calicariocacalicarioca 2 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I live in Brazil and I want to create a web site for Brazilian djs to put their mixtapes online. I don??t really no where to get started. I have the djs and their mixtapes I??m just not sure what the best way to put them online is. Can someone get me started in the right direction? Valeu.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Well, when I first started with my DJ mixes site I conducted a survey on the streets. With that information on hand, it was much easier to understand what people was expecting from a DJ mixes site. Then it was time to talk to DJs and their mixes, wich was the hardest part. They felt that to put their mixes online was like selling out or something. Fortunately, a few DJs had faith in me, and that made my site the great success that it is today. I hope this helps.

• I live in Brazil and I want to create a web site for Brazilian djs to put their mixtapes online. I don??t really no where to get started. I have the djs and their mixtapes I??m just not sure what the best way to put them online is. Can someone get me started in the right direction? Valeu.

maybe you can hawk your mixtapes on orkut.com

my mrs talks to lots of brazilians on there(she`s brazillian).i`d guess theres a brazillians in cali board on there..

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Well, when I first started with my DJ mixes site I conducted a survey on the streets. With that information on hand, it was much easier to understand what people was expecting from a DJ mixes site. Then it was time to talk to DJs and their mixes, wich was the hardest part. They felt that to put their mixes online was like selling out or something. Fortunately, a few DJs had faith in me, and that made my site the great success that it is today. I hope this helps.

That's inspirational, Jorge. And to think, you started out as some lowly keyboard player in The Roots.

For the technical side of things, I would recommend a YouSendIt architecture, coupled with the tried and true Myspace CRM interface.

• Cool. Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know some sites I could check out that they think are really good?

• This Polish site is good, but the dl's are sooooooo sloooow.

Footprints: series of dj sets dedicated to jazz sounds of late 60s, 70s and 80s.
    Includes rare tracks and many polish jazz joints.
    http://www.fuzz.pl/

This British hip hop dj's site is excellent... And if you aren't into the hip hop stuff dl the mix 'Mother's Ruin'. Great stuff.
    http://www.djmoneyshot.co.uk/

But buggered if I know how to set a website up...