Giles Peterson Audio Help

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I want to listen to a Giles Peterson show from 1-8-06 or 8-1-06 if you pefer. It is titled Brownswood Basement and has an interview with Larry Mizell.I can't find the link on his site or the BBC site.I'd like to thank you in advance.Help.Dan

Comments

• I happened to record it. What if I decide to post it. Would that make you happy? It's an amazing interview. I has no idea Jam Master Jay was a Mizell, did you?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    get on soulseek, enter "GP worldwide" room

• Never fucking mind. For some reason Audio Hijack Pro didn't do it's job. I guess it's too the soulseek room for me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I happened to record it. What if I decide to post it. Would that make you happy? It's an amazing interview. I has no idea Jam Master Jay was a Mizell, did you?

Thank you someone has sent me a yousendit file. It is down loading very slowly. I think I will leave the computer on tonight and check it in the morning.

I did not know JMJ was a Mizell.

I want to hear this.

Dan

get on soulseek, enter "GP worldwide" room

I messed about on soulseek, but I don't know how to use and did not find any thing.

I got a new computer and soulstrut is constantly clapping at me. Is this new?

Dan

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I happened to record it. What if I decide to post it. Would that make you happy? It's an amazing interview. I has no idea Jam Master Jay was a Mizell, did you?

Thank you someone has sent me a yousendit file.

Hmm..is there some reason folks don't want to share this with everyone? It was already broadcasted on the radio, right?

I tried to listen to it a few days ago but couldn't get it to work.

Hmm..is there some reason folks don't want to share this with everyone? It was already broadcasted on the radio, right?

Best I can tell Giles only keeps his current shows available. There is already a new show up.

I understand this record is discussed.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WOW!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Hmm..is there some reason folks don't want to share this with everyone?

Share the love!

• I don't know how long this will last but here it is.

http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0KIKUZ3VSWIJT0Z5M05N4XMJ78

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Thanks!

• I happened to record it. What if I decide to post it. Would that make you happy? It's an amazing interview. I has no idea Jam Master Jay was a Mizell, did you?

Best I can tell Giles only keeps his current shows available. There is already a new show up.

I understand this record is discussed.

Yeah, he said they named the label HOG because they loved Caddy's. They pressed up a bunch of them in college and they mostly got lost, trashed, whatever. They used to joke about what they were going to do w/ them. When he found out about what these were selling for he rushed out to storage to find one. Couldn't find it.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    You can usually get the last Gilles Peterson show @ http://tracker.vipmusic.org/ (Bittorrent)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I think I made a post about the file you are referring to with a link here

Glad to see you back D*n

You can usually get the last Gilles Peterson show @ http://tracker.vipmusic.org/ (Bittorrent)

I went to vipmusic.com. Signed up, found the file, downloaded the file. My computer does not recognize the file type (.torrent) and wont play the file.

Why is this so hard?

Dan

• You need a torrent application to download it. Google bittorrent

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I :heart: utorrent

You need a torrent application to download it. Google bittorrent

F**K I down loaded bittorrent, found the file on vipmusic, now it says multiple errors in file are keeping it from running.

I've wasted a whole day on this nonsense.

Dan

"Gilles_Peterson_-_Worldwide-DAB-01-08-2006-BOSS" : bad data from tracker - invalid bencoded value (data after valid prefix)

• Maybe your app isn't compatible w/ the tracker. That sux. It will turn up. I'm so mad because i tried to record it Sat night, the night before it changes, and I forgot to check it. Turned out I only recorded a couple of seconds. I was going to re post it as a podcast. Oh well.

Maybe your app isn't compatible w/ the tracker. That sux. It will turn up. I'm so mad because i tried to record it Sat night, the night before it changes, and I forgot to check it. Turned out I only recorded a couple of seconds. I was going to re post it as a podcast. Oh well.

Thank you and everyone for helping me. Larry, Fonz, if you are reading give me a call Freddie, if you are reading give me a call. I want to know more about that Moments record.

Dan

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Hey LW, I'll help you out here. I'm uploading it to my server right now, but it'll take a while, and I'm going to bed now (it's 4:30 AM here). I'll post a link when I wake up. Goodnight folks.

Undertheradar is the man! I'm listening to it now.

Thank you Taza and Dejean and everyone else for all your help.

Does it take a rocket scientist to make a hit record? Larry was working as a aerospace engineer before he started writing and producing.

Any other talented Mizells? Andy Razzaf lyricist for Fats Waller, Aint Misbehavin, Honeysuckle Rose. Also Jam Master Jay the Ronnettes and others.

They pressed up that HOG record but didn't know how or where to sell them. Somebody is sitting on a box of those suckers. He said they found a singing group to sing on that Moments record. The group sucks.

I just heard the Marvin Gaye song for the first time. Beautiful. He says only 1 cut has come out, but I thought strutters said there were more.

Now they are talking about a Montreax Jazz Fest with the Mizells on stage with Donald Byrd.

Also Giles is a genius. I listened to one show a dozen years ago. I'll start listening weekly now.

I am in 7th heaven.

Dan

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Alright, good to hear you got it hooked up. Well, now the ish is up so I might as well post the link for anyone who might be interested:

Mizell On BBC Worldwide

I got that Marvin track as an mp3 a while ago (from MissBassie I think) in another Mizell thread, so I might as well post that one up as well for the peepl:

Marvin Gaye - Where Are We Going

• sometime around late 90's early 2k Chris Phillips gave what he said was the first ever play on air of marvin doing 'where are we going'. The story was that he did the sleevenotes for a Mizzell Bros comp, One of them saw the cd in a shop in LA and bought it and then sent him a dat with the track on, which he played that Sunday night on KissFM London. According to Chris, the track was recorded during Marvins stay in LA with the Mizzells during the time of the mixing of 'whats going on'. Still have the tape of the show somewhere, if i can find it and transfer it to MP3 i'll post it up as he tells the story well. it subsequently came out on a best of cd, then a different version came out on the lets get it on double cd, this version was also pressed on an unofficial 12 with 3 other unreleased marvin tracks from the double cd - P.