Rep Your Office Space Wisdom

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I don't actually work in an office. Haven't for ten years. But I was reading this on my sister's blog and thought it was rather funny:
there should be some sort of rule where you are not allowed to stay at a job long enough to finish a box of staples with 5000 staples. some math: 365 days in a year. about 104 are weekends: 365 - 104 = 261i have worked pretty much exactly 2.5 years: 261 x 2.5 = 653i've taken about 55 vacation days: 653 - 55 : 597and about the same number of vacation days: 597 - 55: 5421 box of staples: 5,000 staples. divided by 542: 5000 / 542: about 9.2 staples a day.i think i need to leave my job. and my 2 weeks notice will include a letter with the empty box of staples attached.

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    That was amusing, and I agree wholeheartedly. Especially when I finally get a job.

• "I had several pieces of paper in front of me. I looked at one of them for a few moments, then put it aside. Having done so I picked up another piece and looked at it for a while."

The Dullest Blog In The World

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    one thing i recommend is that whenever i start a new job there are three people i try and be cool with immediately:

1. IT guy
    2. Secretaries
    3. Office Supplies buyer

next folks you should meet:

1. Powerpoint prince/ss (there's always one or two in a company. find them and your presentations will always be straight)
    2. Excel prince/ss (ditto)

lastly:

1. Anyone in my position for more than 3yrs (they know the in's and out's and know all the gossip)
    2. Middle level earners (theyre trying to build and always need help to get their "extra" shit done)
    3. Security (i've gotten away with so much free shit due to kick backs to these folks... at good companies, these fuckers know everything going down)

anyway... thats my nickels worth of info.

• one thing i recommend is that whenever i start a new job there are three people i try and be cool with immediately:

1. IT guy

You got that right son. Bring all raers to the Data Center, asap....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Also... Be kewl with the people at the food/donuts/coffee spot in ur bulding. They will always hit you up LARGE!!!