Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    when girl dumps him in a month he's going to be crying

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts

Man, I'm trying to convince my Amy (Cindy), who has a little inheritance money and has been unemployed for a year, to buy this motherfucker and spend the next year selling records on eBay as a steady job.

How much would it cost to get this motherfucker over to North America, ya' think?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Man, I'm trying to convince my Amy (Cindy), who has a little inheritance money and has been unemployed for a year, to buy this motherfucker and spend the next year selling records on eBay as a steady job.

How much would it cost to get this motherfucker over to North America, ya' think?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

If his A's start at Azimuth (minus the one roy ayers record he mentioned), I would be a bit hesitant to buy this collection.

He shoulda posted a pic of Amy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He should use the money to buy his testicles back.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1115260207Aaron">

Better high[/b]
    Mind-blowing sex with your loved one
    Listening to your music collection
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    He shoulda posted a pic of Amy.

ha

no azimuth collector should have to put up with that nonsense.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    he better be hittin that shit raw in the ass everyday

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1115260207Aaron">

Better high[/b]
    Mind-blowing sex with your loved one
    Listening to your music collection

both at the same time

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

both at the same time

I was gonna put that down, but this poor sap has to choose.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    9,000 records? BWAHAHAHAHA, hell no. Seriously though, in a 9,000-record collection, how many of those are absolutely indispensable? You know, records you'd have an impossible time replacing, or that you have a particularly strong sentimental affinity for. 500? Fewer? I understand the gesture of selling them all, but vinyl has twice the half-life of love, soul boy. Amy better rekkanize.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

more like this:

Best high[/b]
    Mind-blowing sex with your loved one who accepts you for yourself and your other passions in life[/b]

dumbass

but for real, give a real reason for ditching the record baggage, dude. Not really fair to throw it on "Amy". Not a classy way to show you care, but a no 'count way to hold something over her head FOREVER. Not smart.

No, I would absolutely NOT do what this guy is doing. That's not "love" to me.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

You're right. And desperation is not a good look on anybody.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i feel where dude is comin from though(ayo!) he's at the point where he doesnt give a fuck, he's ready to throw it all away cuz this chick is probably the only thing that makes him feel real. but what this dude doesnt realize is that music will probably make him feel more real than that chick ever will. he wont realize until the shits gone though

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not only that but once a chick got you by the balls like that, what else will you be asked to give up for "true love"?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    it just dawned on me that this is a great way of trying to get rid of a huge collection. Panic and desperation!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Agreed.

I read his post to mean he wants to sell to get the money to take her on a vacation to show his love. "I sold my soul and am taking you to the Sheyshells." That's the kind of thing that freaks women out and makes them run away.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Agreed.

I read his post to mean he wants to sell to get the money to take her on a vacation to show his love. "I sold my soul and am taking you to the Sheyshells." That's the kind of thing that freaks women out and makes them run away.

Man, records are just things. THINGS! Love is something else man. Its quite possibly the only thing real in the universe. I think most people would agree that the real joy is in the act of collecting, not merely basking in the glow of your record hoard. Sure theres some rare pieces, but really, how important to you is a 12"? especially today when theres so many other ways to experience and enjoy music?

Music is music. You can never capture it completely. It flows freely like energy. Similarly, once you've heard it, you can never lose it completely, it is soaked into your inner conciousness and permiates your soul. Some people collect records, and to them this would be akin to suicide. The only validation they have for their raging obsession lies in cardboard boxes and crates that litter their house in piles and piles. They long for a greater connection with and understanding of the music they love, so the natural urge is to hoard it the best they can. They confuse their love with the desire to possess or obtain something, and gradually they become detached to the very things that made them love records in the first place.

When you realize the true value of such objects lies in the intagible high of experiencing new music, the articles themselves seem less important. The knowledge will always be with you. And anyone who's been collecting for any serious length of time knows that if you want to listen to something, in most cases you can usually find it again, plus its fun to look!

And bottom line, you know they say if you truly love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it was meant to be.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I'm deeply disappointed in the poll results. I find it inexcusable that on a record-collecting website such as this, "Mind-blowing sex with your loved one" beat out "Listening to your record collection" by a two to one ratio.

Take that shit to tantramagic.com, son!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

Man, records are just things. THINGS! Love is something else man. Its quite possibly the only thing real in the universe. I think most people would agree that the real joy is in the act of collecting, not merely basking in the glow of your record hoard. Sure theres some rare pieces, but really, how important to you is a 12"? especially today when theres so many other ways to experience and enjoy music?

Music is music. You can never capture it completely. It flows freely like energy. Similarly, once you've heard it, you can never lose it completely, it is soaked into your inner conciousness and permiates your soul. Some people collect records, and to them this would be akin to suicide. The only validation they have for their raging obsession lies in cardboard boxes and crates that litter their house in piles and piles. They long for a greater connection with and understanding of the music they love, so the natural urge is to hoard it the best they can. They confuse their love with the desire to possess or obtain something, and gradually they become detached to the very things that made them love records in the first place.

When you realize the true value of such objects lies in the intagible high of experiencing new music, the articles themselves seem less important. The knowledge will always be with you. And anyone who's been collecting for any serious length of time knows that if you want to listen to something, in most cases you can usually find it again, plus its fun to look!

And bottom line, you know they say if you truly love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it was meant to be.

I think the writer behind the illustrious erotic digger fiction would disagree.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

records...Love...the act of collecting...basking in the glow of your record hoard...music...the desire to possess...objects .

I like all of these things and I think each one compliments and amplifies my enjoyment of the other. Don't try to distill happiness down to one thing (or one mode of being), instead, realize that it is a product of an interaction between all of these things (and more).

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    How about selling off your harem for a sealed copy of Thrust?

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    what if this is just bullshit marketing ploy to move a collection to make mad money? I bet 90% of it is crap anyways.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Agreed.

Man, records are just things. THINGS! Love is something else man. Its quite possibly the only thing real in the universe. I think most people would agree that the real joy is in the act of collecting, not merely basking in the glow of your record hoard.

No, man, the real joy is in being able to hear your fave songs that get you through the day or night. That's what the records mean to me. Comparing your record collection to your girlfriend is like comparing your automobile to your refrigerator. You cannot say that one is greater than the other because they both have different functions. I wouldn't fuck a record, and I wouldn't slip my girlfriend on the turntable.

I always dread when the inevitable "records aren't everything" question comes up on this board from time to time. A board that centers around record collecting, at that! Like we came all the way to a site like this to get a "records aren't important" sermon? Haven't you heard of "balance" and "perspective?" Just 'cause you have a big record stash doesn't mean you gotta sell it to enjoy the rest of life. Just deal with everything as it comes, and stop with these mind games.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I wouldn't fuck a record, and I wouldn't slip my girlfriend on the turntable.

Can't argue with that.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This reads like a joke. Either that or this dude is the biggest fucking toy ever. You gotta love his, "will I sell my first Roy Ayers' album, signed by the artist himself...no!"

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    what if this is just bullshit marketing ploy to move a collection to make mad money? I bet 90% of it is crap anyways.

thats exactly what i was thinkin... doesnt even show one dope cover. if you were serious about getting loot you would put some work into it. not just take two flix of boxes and tops of stacks.

fuck amy he's selling his life and not even puttin everything into it... but serious if someone is so willing to get rid of their passion(im assuming here that it still is his) would you be impressed or disappointed. not to mention that any lady expecting me to give up my passions in exchange for them is not my lady.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    they should cast jimmy fallon in a romantic comedy about how his loved one forces him to sell all his records on ebay only for her to buy them from him to appreciate his romantic gesture.

but this guy is a limey, so let's say hugh grant.

it'll be kinda like that cosby where claire and cliff get into a bidding war over the same record.