His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
can anyone recommend any DVD's that give a solid biography on this man or in-depth interviews with him?I'm particularly interested in hearing him speak and interact. I found very little in quick online searches for video. Wikipedia has info on him, but I would prefer footage (I don't have VHS though).thanks in advance.

Comments

• haven't seen them but the seller is from JA and has a whole series. looks like raer footage too.

link

• pahpopahpo 23 Posts
    Dont have any idea about videos & such but there's this one book by Ryszard Kapuscinski called "The emperor". You might have already read it/heard about it...if you haven't yet & are interested in some blinding stories about the man & what he's done, grab that book!!!!
    Stupid stuff like him giving Myriam Makeba 25000$ to come & sing for one of his "private" party while his people are starving to death...& like the Young Diciples'tune they only get the crumbs from the table...(plus NUMEROUS scary stories based on his last days).

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    "The emperor". You might have already read it/heard about it..
    i read a review of it and I'm not really after silly stories at this point. mainly looking for a documentary kinda thing with video or at least audio from the man himself.
    thanks though.