FIVERS

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Seijun Suzuki[/b]

1) being forced to move due to landlord bullying subsequently led me to find the holy grail of shared housing in san francisco - and my rent is $200 cheaper!

2) new roommate is a collectro of sorts, has an amazing collection of early mr. potatohead toys that were discontinued on display in our dining room

3) current roommate and friend will be moving to the same neighborhood, so excited.

4) finally got a new phone that doesn't weigh a ton

5) found out that a townes van zandt documentary is coming to theatres soon, so excited!

Joe Isuzu[/b]

1) I have so much crap that the thought of physically moving this stuff makes me nauseous

2) annual performance review at work = thee time of the year i remember how stingy my company is when it comes to big raises

Comments

• Seijun Suzuki[/b]

1) being forced to move due to landlord bullying subsequently led me to find the holy grail of shared housing in san francisco - and my rent is $200 cheaper!

2) new roommate is a collectro of sorts, has an amazing collection of early mr. potatohead toys that were discontinued on display in our dining room

Dope pad! and on the potato heads.

• That new place looks dope A*****! Congrats!

RIVER RAID[/b]

1. Picking up my new mix CD from the pressing plant TODAY. Whoa.

2. Two big gigs this weekend. Looking forward to spinning records I want to spin and having people come hear them.

3. Making good progress on a new painting.

4. Possible insaaaanely cheap last minute trip to Japan coming up.

5. My new t-shirts came back from the printing press and look effing sharp.

6. I tried baking pumpkin bread last weekend and it went really well. It's on (baked goods) 187um killa.

Drinking Raid???[/b]

Meh. No real complaints.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

5. My new t-shirts came back from the printing press and look effing sharp.

whoa. very nice!

• rad:

1. ramona and chantal trent.
    2. real world art moves. love the people i'm working with and starting to clock some g's off that shit ( finally ).
    3. used books and records ( the obsession continues ).
    4. escher gunewardena architecture.
    5. intermediate photography at UCR ( thank god i am not teaching introduction anymore ).

dog doo:

1. overworked and burnt as fug.
    2. jokers with records.
    3. marketworks and paypal.
    4. aww shit.. i cant really complain.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

1. Work is kickin' ass right now.
    2. Killed it at my fav Korean spot lastnight. It was paid for me too!
    3. I'm so glad I'm not freezin' my ass off right now. Warm winter... But I know the cold is upon us!!
    4. Cred bills are paid... I dun owe anyone a cent.
    5. Gloria Estefan was right. Sooner or later, the rhythm is gonna get you!

1. Gotta go away for the weekend. Somethin' I'm not in the mood for.
    2. Big time saving is tough sometimes.
    3. Some shitty news about some close friends just got to me.
    4. I hate when I can't find something. Eventhough you know it's there.
    5. My vacation got cancelled. BASTARDS...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "Caribbean Fire Dance"
    1. Three day weekend and it's 55 degrees in NYC batches!
    2. Real world art moves pt. 2: Poetry reading tonight... duets w/ill jazz drummer/reedist Oscar Noriega... and new poems to read.
    3. Turned out by so many strange chunes right now...
    4. Running 70 miles a week is not killing me as bad as I thought it would. Boston in 3 months.
    5. Not having to explain to wifey why I bought a $600 rakord on the internets

"you're fired"
    1. Scalito - say goodbye to abortion rights.
    2. wifey had to get a cortizone shot for a degenerative disc in her back... 20 years of dancing taking a toll, yo. Loved ones in pain are no fun.

a 5-2 blowout.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ALL TOPS:[/b]

1. Really settling in and taking control of my job in the new year

2. tripledouble HOOKED ME UP WITH A BIKE (That's riiight, it's a FILA, b*tches!!!) T**y is superDUDE!

3. Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn w/ a sprinkling of Sylvia's Soulful Seasoning Salt

4. Reconnecting with lifetime hommies

5. Working on the blueprints for a handheld device that you can type a girl's name into and it will tell you (on a scale of 1-10) if she likes you or not...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    3. Turned out by so many strange chunes right now...

I warned you before you laid down with me...
    i'm the wo-oh-oh-olf

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    1. probably getting my economy back together after 4 months of beeing insanely broke, and unable to buy records.
    2. new ako 12" with a remix from me out soonish!
    3. during the holidays i found parts for a new computer better than mine at my parents place, that my dad didnt need. so im going back there to build it this weekend... dedicated daw here i come.
    4. vv swap cds arrived yesterday. wantlist extended by too many records allready.
    5. going to malm?? in some week(s?) to meet some friends i havent seen in 6 months or so.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    1) Denise LaSalle "I'm So Hot" for $1.85. One weeks past and I'm still fucking beaming.
    2)http://cgi.ebay.com/OST-BIXIO-TEMPERA-Diario-segreto-da-un-carcere_W0QQitemZ4820174545QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    for about $4.00 a couple of days ago. Hehehee.
    3) Steak Nachos from Poquito Mas. Wow. Eating this shit for 16 years and it hasn't even begun to get old.
    4) Package of IRAK NY shirts just arrived in mail today. Got some of that thug passion. www.irakny.com
    5)It's Friday

• Seijun Suzuki[/b]

Nevermind Mr. Potatohead, where'd that green chair come from.

It looks really comfortable and I am in need of a chair for my music room.

Plaese to let me know.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Top 5

1. Getting to go to N.Y. and get paid working with my pops. Not much free time to be had, but I will be hitting up "good record," and later meeting up with some old friends in BK
    2. My lady who never ceases to amaze me.
    3. Sucessfully moved back home after being at school for 2 and a half years. Time to start saving
    4. Standing in the shadows of motown deluxe 2 disc cd. Cd 2 is all classic motown songs that show the different tracks layering. When it's just drum and bass...
    5. 2 e-digs that are ending in less than a week I hope to be giving a new home too.

fuck a bottom 5 ::

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yup:
    1. 29th birthday party next week's gonna be crazy
    2. kid's 11th birthday party two days later
    3. gone snowboarding every week for the last month and a half
    4. hanging w/marklatency next week for our mutual birthday
    5. ...just ate the best BBQ sandwich from peco's pit on 1st ave.

no thanks:
    1. $1111 speeding/wrong insurance card, ticket
    2. shin splints
    3. stepped out of my car, into a mudpuddle this morning... still soaked.
    4. getting fat
    5. incessant arguments with the lady friend

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Jo Shishido.

1. REAL WORLD MOVES. Writing two scripts at the moment. Working with directors. Finally.

2. New furniture for the pad. Very Mod. Very chic.

3. Sam Fuller's Pickup on South Street. Bestest movie ive seen in a really long time. I cant beleive i hadnt seen this before. Richard Widmark gives maybe the most charasmatic performance ever. GO WATCH THIS.

4. Roland Space Echo. This thing is surrious.

5. Beautiful women. They are everywhere here in LA. I just got back from two weeks in the UK. I saw more pretty girls on the car ride from LAX to my crib then i did in the whole time i was in England. Yikes.

Sam Alito.

1. Homeless beat to death.

2. In the last 3 days I've promised 4 girls i was gonna take them on dates /get serious-ish. I have no idea what im thinking. Its like im BEGGING for strings attached.

3. None of these girls is my DREAM GIRL, who is, surprise, taken.

4. Too lazy to make new beats. Im pathetic.

5. Flat tire on my car.

Not too much to complain about.

Nevermind Mr. Potatohead, where'd that green chair come from.

It looks really comfortable and I am in need of a chair for my music room.

Plaese to let me know.

it's not mine, but i'll ask my roommate and let you know

3. Sam Fuller's Pickup on South Street. Bestest movie ive seen in a really long time. I cant beleive i hadnt seen this before. Richard Widmark gives maybe the most charasmatic performance ever. GO WATCH THIS.

oh hell yeah, this film rules! i also love fuller's shock corridor, that shit was so crazy

• ah one two ah one two...[/b]

1.NYC[/b]- This is basically one of those comfy throw pillows with the words "no-brainer" embroidered on it. My return to the place I will always call home no matter where I'm livin. Spinnin rekkids at "Breakface", then sittin in with Otis & the gang for a funky live set. Maybe head off to Rubulad to spin some more (SmallChange? Cool?). It'll just be great to see soooo many good friends again: RAJ!!, S***e, my Cuban Kitty Cat, Shi Yan Ming, BKLYN Shaolin posse, Cosmo Baker, etc etc.. Then crossover to my home turf of NJ to get down with my old school fam. Rock karaoke spots, drink ourselves blind, laugh till we puke, act a motherfuckin fool! For serious though... would be awesome to meet as many Strut folk as possible. Come out to the Breakface & make yerselves seen. SEEN?

2.Women[/b] - Ahh, yes, the black curtain of "all chicks hate my guts" has lifted once again in a huge celebration of "we love you baby, welcome back" type proportions. I'd like to thank myspace, Tom Leykis and ladies comin to their fuckin senses for the wonderful, wonderful outpouring of emotion and removal of clothing. These past few months have been lovely. Keep it comin!!

3.hidden-strength.com[/b] - Coming soon to make your lives worth livin again.

4.Stooges: Fun House[/b] - Perfectly realized rock & roll savagery and punk template. It NEVER gets old...

5.NYC[/b] - Oh wait, I said that already..... Still though.

three strikes. Yer OUT![/b]

1.Hung over[/b]

2.Car[/b] - Needs $200. repair. Grrr...

3.Howard Stern[/b] - No longer part of my life till I get Sirius about things.

BIZ MARKIE wins!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    slaps and snaps
    1. mylatency Seattle invasion
    2. trap squad - what's happening
    3. freedom to do whatever the fuk I want
    4. colbert report
    5. records

craps and flabs
    1. no dinner plans
    2. wired
    3. tired
    4. flab
    5. records

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    ++
    1) Finally, after 6 years of school, doing school that I like.
    2) Discussing a research project (payed) for the summer.
    3) 2006 house calls (RR) are looking good.
    4) Looking forward to all the goodies strutters are trading for the Folkways book.
    5) Macc Moves with several different ladies.

--
    1) Financial crisis.
    2) Existential Crisis.
    3) Stress: The extinction Agenda.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are the fives:

AH YEAH!!!

1. My wife's shoulder is getting better since her surgery.

2. I've had a productive semester break (two new papers submitted and another to go).

3. I finally got "broadband" (I was the last of the "modem-hicans").

4. I was asked to be an ad hoc reviewer (of paper submissions) at a major management journal (good for the curriculum vitae-related).

5. I finally got my 2-tier keyboard mount that I ordered from Interstate Music (Triton & ASR-10-related).

AH SHIT!!!

1. A colleague and I had a paper desk-rejected at a journal earlier this morning (submit it to another journal-related).

2. I'm catching cabin fever (homebound, caring for wifey-related).

3. I'm serving on a university committee that is time-consuming (Yuck!!!).

4. Some new data I'm analyzing does not fit their "presumed" factor structure (paper submission hold-up-related).

5. Milwaukee is even more depressing in Winter (cold & boring-related).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    You gotta take the good....
    1. Holidays, still off work til the end of the month.
    2. Sunbathing at the beach.
    3. Shooting hoops/riding skateboard in the sun.
    4. Reunion shows by local hardcore bands that have been broke up for 5 years, off tha heezy.
    5. Catching up with friends at aforementioned show, it was everything new years should have been. Also good catch ups with Lucero in Ak last week.

....with the bad
    1. Deadbeat auction bidders.
    2. My friends are all back at work so I get to hang out with myself all week.
    3. New Vision Duane Peters shoes have mangled my feet, worn 2x & I now have more painful blisters on my feet than ever before in life, aarrgghh.
    4. My sis is moving to France/San Tropez in a month or so, no family in the same city anymore.
    5. No happy birthday, merry xmas or happy new year from ex-wife, fuck you, that's some cold shit after 8 years together, I hope you have bad karma coming your way because you are fucking due after the shit you put me through.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    ** holiday edition **

1. Summer in, uhh, paradise - a lil selection from the NZ travels ..

2. some solid early 06 digs incl a catch up with holmes there (^^), the best of pickups being a local jawn ..

3. golf .. early days yet but I'm a bearing down on 100 - got some new shoes, nailed that first ever par & driving straight like a drag car. Yeah foll, bring it on !!

4. Home broadband kicks in next week, Stacks I

3. I finally got "broadband" (I was the last of the "modem-hicans").

4. working the pad to new levels of comfort, 2006 - the year for game

5. that holiday what .. dem the bizzness