one channel cutting out on my TT ~ help???

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
OK, so I've got a turntable that is less than 2 years old (purchesed new) and a pretty new needle (less than 6 months old, no DJing) and recently one channel started to cut out sometimes. It has to be an issue with the needle/TT cause it still happens when I bypass my amp/speakers. it can usually be fixed temporarly by pulling the carteridge off & snapping it back into place, but it does not fix it for good. whats' up with this? any home remedies?

Comments

• Listen to mono recordings.

• Clean the cartridge connections

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Clean the cartridge connections

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

This is the solution to a lot of problems, and it doesn't always work the first time either

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

those little metal thingies sticking out that hook into the thingie?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Could be the contact between ur cartridge and tonearm.

This will sound silly, but take off ur cartridge and rub the contacts on ur zipper (No AYO) and put it back. See if this helps. Old trick from the record store dayz.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it sounds like a dirty contact to me.

when you say detach your cart, what do you mean. Are you on a tonearm that uses a headshell? If so, cop a deoxit pen from T*L@b

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    What cartridge do you have btw? Could be one of ur wires (Red,Green,white,black).
    They can detriorate.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

it sounds like a dirty contact to me.

when you say detach your cart, what do you mean. Are you on a tonearm that uses a headshell? If so, cop a deoxit pen from T*L@b

no, the lil plastic thing that has the needle on it. It's an audio technicha.

should I use contact cleaner - the stuff in the can?

I'm an idiot about this stuff...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ok then disregard that.......people here assume you're on 1200's.

I would recommend you reinstall your cartridge, unplug the wires that connect the cart to the tonearm. Give them a good cleaning and reattach. Use rubbing alcohol, do not use water or spit.

ok then disregard that.......people here assume you're on 1200's.

I would recommend you reinstall your cartridge, unplug the wires that connect the cart to the tonearm. Give them a good cleaning and reattach. Use rubbing alcohol, do not use water or spit.

thanks!