ElectricRazorStrut

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I know some of you mufuckaz can answer this for me.I haven't used an electric razor since like high school or something and I really have no idea what's good or anything. I will mostly be using it to shave my head because shaving with a regular razor is a pain in the ass. I'm down to drop loot if shit will last forever or shit is especially good, but cheap shit is also welcome. Anyone?

Comments

• Stay with the wet shave mate, nothing else is ever as close for face or head, just make sure your using a good blade and product.(I recommend King of Shaves shaving oil)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that's not really what i asked for man

• Sorry! if you just want your head shaved close, any brand of hair clippers will do, just remove the guard and shave away. However I find it takes longer to get an even shave this way, which is why I go with the wet.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I know some of you mufuckaz can answer this for me.

I haven't used an electric razor since like high school or something and I really have no idea what's good or anything. I will mostly be using it to shave my head because shaving with a regular razor is a pain in the ass. I'm down to drop loot if shit will last forever or shit is especially good, but cheap shit is also welcome. Anyone?

Why don't you try this:

(No, I've never used one myself)

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

I haven't used an electric razor since like high school or something and I really have no idea what's good or anything. I will mostly be using it to shave my head because shaving with a regular razor is a pain in the ass. I'm down to drop loot if shit will last forever or shit is especially good, but cheap shit is also welcome. Anyone?

good question, i was gonna make a post like this really recently but i went over my self instilled non-record related topics for that day.

even for shaving the face, are electric razors where its at? do they save time? i shave my head too, and the shit grows back fast, so if i dont shave my head for like 3 days, its a bitch to shave with the razor cause it gets thick. andre aggasi still fucking with wet shaves?

oh and in terms of analogue razors, what are people's faves? i'm still on mach 3, haven't graduated to turbo..should i?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Why don't you try this:

that looks cool, but i that the product is one of those cases where the refils will end up costing way more than the actual device...like ink for printers...then again, thats the case with normal razors..

• Why don't you try this:

?????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i hate shaving with a razor, so i used to only do it once every couple of weeks. my girl got me a norelco microscreen (with two strip things) for x-mas, that actually works really well. i guess the $40-50 ones are better, but if you shave everyday (your head too), try one of those three-head bangers.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I don't know much about head shaving since I proudly don a full head of hair done in a mini-pompadour, but I stand by those Braun electric razors with the flip-up trimmers. I use those to tame the sideburns. The only thing that sucks about it is the inability to cut stubble underneath both sides of the chin/neck area, which for me has ingrown or curled down hair. For that, I use a two blade Sensor Excell Razor with Aveno shaving cream since I have a razor bump prone neck

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

oh and in terms of analogue razors, what are people's faves? i'm still on mach 3, haven't graduated to turbo..should i?

Nah don't believe the hype. I tried the Turbo but found that it doesn't offer as close a shave as the Mach 3 for some reason. Same with the Wilkinson triple blader, had a five o'clock shadow by 10am.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Avoid Philishave

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    ive always been curious abotu electrics too.. but ill stick with the wet shave for now

im still busting the same free promotional mach 3 from when they came out.. though i got a brand new free promo schick quattro unopened (anybody mess with these??)

what do quattro blades run?? fuck razor blades are too expensive.. i still bust the regular sensor blades i nthe mach 3 cause the 3's are too much money.

anyhow as for the more metrosexual part of the equation ie lotions.. i never mess with shavign creams.. i used this shit made by Lush for a number of years.. nonfoamy all natural.. not too shabby.. but then i switched to soem shit made by Kiels .. fuck that stuff is nice.. again none foamy.. a tiny amount will shave off even the thickest beard.

but now im all about ALBA.. coconut lime shave.. damn shit makes you face feel all minty fresh after words.. the best EVER

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Razor blades (and shaving) fucking sucks. They're only good for causing sporadic razor bumps and pain. I don't shave everyday but rather every other day. That let's my skin relax. Also, make sure you wash your face really well before shaving. Bump Fighter razors are