Kenny Dope remix madness

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody notice how Kenny Dope has been putting out remixes/edits of classic disco & funk tunes at the rate of about 1 per week? Dude's on the rampage!Some of them them are very dope, some are kind of "eh." I'm especially feeling his Manzel re-edits. As a matter of fact, I'm loving this whole re-edit craze altogether.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Word. A lot of these are quite old, he's just finally getting around to releasing them. The more Kenny Dope releases/remixes/edits/mix cds the better! Kenny Gonzalez is dope like the name says.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Danny Krivit is doing a lot of crazy re-edits too. The Manzel shit is off the hook too tho.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the johnny king & fatback re-edit on kaydee is KILLER.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Yeah, his (or MAW's) Cyamande re-edit of Bra is incredible!

• Wow, I haven't heard that one. Is it a recent release?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    it's on here:

actually i just found out that Danny Krivit did the "bra" re-edit. Dope!

Here's a link to all the sound samples.

MAW. Choice. A Selection of Classics

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, his (or MAW's) Cyamande re-edit of Bra is incredible!

Yeah I have it on this 12'', but maaaaaaaan it's all about the re-edit on the flip. It's this real raw ass reggae disco track- fuckin' bannanas.

• Options
    Title? Soundfile?

K.

• Anybody notice how Kenny Dope has been putting out remixes/edits of classic disco & funk tunes at the rate of about 1 per week? Dude's on the rampage!

Some of them them are very dope, some are kind of "eh." I'm especially feeling his Manzel re-edits. As a matter of fact, I'm loving this whole re-edit craze altogether.

The kiler one is the Jackson 5 remix he did. he didn't even necessarily do a crazy re-edit job but basically put all the elements in the right places, compared to what the original is, OMFG like a mofo

• yes i recently copped a few of these re edit 12's

i got Danny Krivits Edit of "give me your love" by the sisters of love, Kenny Dope's edit of Harris and Orr's "Spread Love" and that Johnny King and the fatback band and off course my personal favourite KD's edit of Family of eve's "I wanna be loved by you"

• "give me your love" by the sisters of love

YES. I love this.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh we just got some with him and 45King from Nervous. Pretty dope

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    get Wreck All Stars on Nervous for a very nice Alicia Myers edit.

• Anybody notice how Kenny Dope has been putting out remixes/edits of classic disco & funk tunes at the rate of about 1 per week? Dude's on the rampage!

Some of them them are very dope, some are kind of "eh." I'm especially feeling his Manzel re-edits. As a matter of fact, I'm loving this whole re-edit craze altogether.

The kiler one is the Jackson 5 remix he did. he didn't even necessarily do a crazy re-edit job but basically put all the elements in the right places, compared to what the original is, OMFG like a mofo

Word, when he isolates and loops up the drums!!!! There is a Japanese 12" with a dub version of it too.