Legends

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Something I was wondering about recently is like how we have this legends and heroes in art, music literature, giants and shit from the past. I'm talking about pioneers and trailblazers in whatever scope u wanna talk about, scientists and philosophers included. I'm just curious about what people think are the people today that will be discussed 50 years or 100 years from now? I'm talking about when we're 5 years away from death, knowing what we know about pop culture and beyond know, is there even such thing as "cult favorites" anymore that can become hip or appreciated far down the road? I think the difference between today and the past is with the net and overdose of information, that there are a lot less limits to be creative.I mean if i'd define creation or invention in our day and age, Id represent it as hybrid technology, like things that existed before but now just combined...ie telephones + radio = cellphone with ability to play mp3s. dont get me wrong, im not coming from a "oh they were smarter, harder more authentic" back then argument, its more like there's so much competition and different factions, no one really stands out.So who do you think today will be a legend 50 years from now and still relevant, without dying in their youth. I'm talking artists, musical artists, scientists, authors, whatever. I guess that Harry Potter chick will be up there, though i never read the books, its crazy how demanding her shit is.I say hats off to ghostface. That dude will age like wine, and i can see me taking my grandkids to one of his shows in an opera theatre, like massey hall or some shit, and he can do like a duet with his grand daughter singing the hook for cherchez le ghost like nat king cole and daughter...oh wait that wasnt real, but u know what i mean. but ghost will age nicely, i think what my curiousity comes down to is who is CONSISTENT and will last? Who u think will be a legend or go into that status?

Comments

• he can do like a duet with his grand daughter

"she indirectly came out of my dick"

i think people will still be talking about bill gates, good or bad... as far as music, that's a tough one... not much that's coming out these days really seems all that timeless