tryin' to learn how to make them beat thingies

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Every time I try to make some bangin' hip-hop, this insane shit comes out. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing because it's usually 4am, smoked out sessions where this goes down. Don't even think about asking where I got the samples from. I don't remember. This is a mix of 5 songs. mp3 linkSongs are: Live SevenRuled Under BridgesArtist's LamentRub ItUntitled House Track

Comments

• edubedub 715 Posts
    whoa... I'm like 3/5's of the way in, and I forgot that I wasn't really at a rave...

• Oh yeah, it's all up tempo, but RAVE?[/b]

Don't go there.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I guess I meant house party... as in house music/ acid jazz... dunno.

do you have a background in that music?

I just didn't hear much of a hip-hop meat in there - is that really what you were going for?

• Hey, come on... Enough of the raver talk.

There's bad ravers

And good ravers

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I guess I meant house party... as in house music/ acid jazz... dunno.

do you have a background in that music?

I just didn't hear much of a hip-hop meat in there - is that really what you were going for?

Yeah, it sounds like an acid house mix or something. NOt really my cup of tea.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yeah, its not all bad man. I like the part at the end. But thats not hip hop. Its definitely house.

• edubedub 715 Posts

And good ravers

YES... good... very good... and nice.

very nice.

yes

thank you

• I was kidding about the hip-hop thing. I guess I'm funny like Mr. Drummond.

Thanks for checkin' the mix.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yo i'm feelin this shit. i mean, i had about 3/4 a bottle of pinot and a couple bong loads, but whatever.

ok, i think this the 2nd song. this is definitely more housey. the first one had some hip hop influence.

its cool though.

let me finish listening...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There's bad ravers

Did this guy piss his sleeping bag???

• man, this shit is solid imo. i am really feeling the thickness of the sound (no ayo). in the first half, it's definitely got that 94', Kenny Dope/hip hop/acid jazz feel. @ 11:42 it definitely hits the disco/house territory, but I like how it goes into some expiremental ragga flavor shortly thereafter. you kind of lost me from the second half to end, though, but all in all, props!

the first track is definitely my favorite, i gotta say.

keep it up t.

ez.