ghostface: put it on the line

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
anybody cop this?
Artists: Ghostface and Trife Da GodMixtape: Put It on the Line411: This album went totally under the radar when it was released during the Christmas holiday. Ghost and his prot??g?? Trife Da God released it to some mom and pop stores and are letting word of mouth push it. Originally, Ghost and Trife were supposed to release the joint LP From Stapleton to Somalia on Koch but the two never finished recording it for a slew of reasons, one being that Ghost had to finish up his next solo opus for Def Jam (he's done now). With some songs already in the can from another album they were recording, Ghost and Trife paired those with some of the finished joints from From Stapleton to Somalia and even slipped in a few Ghost classics to make Put It on the Line (which is really more of an indie album than a mixtape, in that it contains songs instead of freestyles). Trife has been featured on several tracks alongside Ghost in the past but has been finding it difficult to avoid being overshadowed by Ghost's ingenious abundance of rhymes, flow and personality. Trife does get to shine here, though, with his own solo tracks and an improved mic attack when he raps with Ghost. Meanwhile, Tony Starks may be the best storyteller in the game right now ??? just listen to songs like "Struggle" and "Project Soap Opera."
http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/010906/?headlines=true

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

yes. it's excellent. i haven't watched the dvd yet though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yes - both vinyl and cd (for the dvd). good to hold me over til fishscale.

the dvd is great - good sound, great performances, well-edited. i laughed out loud like 10 times. 'run' is pure chaos on stage. cappadonna is the best i've seen live. gza's hanging in the back watching it all go down. requisite chicks with no shame on stage and ghost's son's bit is awkward and the only 'filler' imo.

worth it.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i hadn't even heard of this before but i should have just guessed that any ghost output is going to be worthwhile
    thanks for the input

• it was aiight, Trife is a rapper that raps. nothing special. Ghostface is dope though but that is a giving

missbassie, ook mi up with di rass dvd

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - will pm shortly.