Just gotta give a shoutout to The Bellrays

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Their records can be iffy, but for years, The Bellrays have been one of the best live bands out there. Frontwoman Lisa Kekaula is the punkrock answer to Sharon Jones for real and you might know their "Revolution Get Down" track from some car commercial. Anyway I just found their myspace page and they've got a cool live video posted:http://www.myspace.com/thebellrays Make sure to see them when they're in town!That is all.

Comments

• I was at their free in-store show at Amoeba LA. They killed it. Rubik's Cube.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    I have this CD:

I haven't listened to it in awhile but I rememeber it being pretty solid. Maybe you meant the entire catalog is iffy?

On a semi-related note, my girlfriend booked them 4 or 5 years ago when they came to town...good show, all 10 people there begged and pleaded for them to come back to town. They came back a few years later and were kind of rock starish and all "where's the coke?"...not that this adversely affects my opinion or should anyone else...I guess that anecdote had no point, it's just what came to my head...anyways, yes, good band.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i prefer them as a live band...i like it when she leaves the stage and gets on table tops.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    at the Operation Ceasefire protest at the mall this fall

with Brother Wayne Kramer of the MC5

at the Black Cat a month later

w/DCDigga