I should be a fucking travel agent

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I just got me and my girl 10 days in Florence, Italy...flight, trains, and apartment for less than a thousand dollars each. thats my best dig today.

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    nice one
    isn't that picture of Ponti Veccio? I've been there a couple times, really nice. You guys are going to have a blast. Funny enough, someone on ebay is selling an og "come away with esg" from there.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    holy fuckwad.

i'm working with the ms. to try to get shome shit hooked up for france this summer. the tickets alone are like 1200 clambones.

• yeah, thats it...I am looking forward to it, I hoping there should be some KICK ASS food and wine in Tuscany..I just wanna chill and check out some art and eat, drink and be merry...seemed like a good place to do that..and she is an art history major, so she should go bananas there.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6254

i just thought, maybe this is you... if not, heres some info, if so, ignore me.

• http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6254

i just thought, maybe this is you... if not, heres some info, if so, ignore me.

thanks!

Cas-yeah the summer high season will break it off in you.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Man, I don't want to be a downer, but I'll never go back to Florence after seeing an ethnic flower-peddler get his ass beat in the middle of the night by a trio of caucasoids.

Enjoy that though. Italy's a beautiful country.

• Man, I don't want to be a downer, but I'll never go back to Florence after seeing an ethnic flower-peddler get his ass beat in the middle of the night by a trio of caucasoids.

Enjoy that though.

• Man, I don't want to be a downer, but I'll never go back to Florence after seeing an ethnic flower-peddler get his ass beat in the middle of the night by a trio of caucasoids.

Enjoy that though.

I dont think it was sanctioned by the city or anything...I hope not!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Man, I don't want to be a downer, but I'll never go back to Florence after seeing an ethnic flower-peddler get his ass beat in the middle of the night by a trio of caucasoids.

Enjoy that though.

I dont think it was sanctioned by the city or anything...I hope not!
    I didn't think it was sanctioned, but it made me want to get off the streets immediately after that. I just so happened to be roaming those streets with a fly Indian and a blond bombshell (I'm black, btw). I was like, "yeah, night's over ladies!"

I mean, I don't think that way on a normal basis, but I tend to stay on my peas and queues. I was still shocked to see that in Europe. From what I hear about the football games out there, I'm slowly overcoming my shivers.

As with anywhere, be safe. That's all there is to it.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    could have happened anywhere in the world, really

• florence is cool. and your girl will have a blast there. the first perspective painting is in santa maria novella, whose facade is actually very important architecturally. if you are facing the church behind you is another building designed by filippo brunelleschi the same guy who designed the dome on the duomo. basically don't write off any building if it is still standing in the city it is probably important. there is a place in florence that has the absolute best gellato in all of italy. i went back almost everyday to try a different flavor. i found florence to be a bit touristy and i was there in the dead of winter (then again i was a tourist). i would recommend a few trips away if you have the time or cash. rome can't be beat if you are chasing art. i forget if it is 3 or 6 hours away from florence. the whole place is a museum. every church has an important painting. every street an important building. naples has the best food i have tasted in italy but i have never made much farther south.

i dont know if you want information, but hit me up if you need some things to see, places to go, or fun facts about the city. (though i would recommend getting a good guide book too.)

• I'll be in Rome for a week in Feb. I just wanted to share with imaginary people. I'm sitting in a dark room, drinking a beer and am excited.

P.S. Check out the BBC website Italian Language Course.

Ciao.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    i'm working with the ms. to try to get shome shit hooked up for france this summer. the tickets alone are like 1200 clambones.

Depending on where you're going, it can often be cheaper to fly into somewhere like London and then take a discounted Ryanair flight from there... I did this last summer to get to Sicily and it saved me around $500, and I got to spend a little time in London (which probably cost more than the $500, but I digress..)

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Don't sleep on regional low fare flights, Wizzair is great (btw that's a real name)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    true, but still...

true, but still...
    what, you're never going to travel anywhere some kind of injustice happened???

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    true, but still...
    Chill maestro, moral of the story is be safe and don't sell flowers on dark bridges to racist drunks.

true, but still...
    Chill maestro, moral of the story is be safe and don't sell flowers on dark bridges to racist drunks.

co-sign.

• And might I add that you win the avatar and location of the week.
    " STURDYVILLE[/b] "

• And might I add that you win the avatar and location of the week.
    " STURDYVILLE[/b] "

gross dude, you know that aint no sturdy...thats just plain disgusting...