Mackie's new D2 mixer... huh?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Among the most notable innovations is the Mackie d.2's optional FireWire connectivity, which allows DJs to easily mix in mp3s directly from a laptop, or even record their sets directly into their computers. The optional FireWire card provides two stereo program channels into the mixer, as well as a single stereo output. In addition, every d.2 FireWire card ships with a copy of Mackie's easy-to-use Tracktion Music Production Software, which is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh systems.
Pics and such... TTM56 killer?

Comments

• speshboogiespeshboogie 105 Posts
    Looks interesting & has some cool innovations, but I don't see it as a TTM56 killer - just yet.

It (looks like it) uses them shithole plastic Mackie knobs & thats downer right there.
    Plus with the Cue & Bal being pots instead of mini-faders, thats huge minus (but apparently there addressing that).

I dunno, guess can't knock till ya try it.

Maybe the mutha fucka will scratch/crab/flare/orbit/tear/blahblah for ya next.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think they didn't wanna spend on manufacturing new knobs so they used the ones that they're already using for their console mixers.

But the firewire interface is what got me tripping. Me thinks they might be trying to develop a final scratch / serato type application built into the mixer like Rane did with the MP4.