Manzel-Space Funk

SethSpinsSethSpins 2 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
What's up? Can anyone tell me the going rate for the Manzell-Space Funk 45? Thanks. Peace.

Comments

• You rule! Thanks.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    But if you aint got the half a thousand bucks, theres always the 7" reissue on dopebrother.

• Speaking of them, any1 has checked that new Manzel LP of unreleased stuff?

Dustygroove has it:

Manzel -- Midnight Theme -- Unreleased LP . . . LP . . . $8.99 (Item: 356658)
    Dope Brother, Late 70's Condition: New Copy View Cart View image
    The never-before released full album from keyboardist Manzel Bush -- the legendary 70s funk figure well-remembered for his classic break tracks! As a whole, the album's a masterpiece of spacey keyboards and funky drums -- funkier than just about any other record we can think of from the late 70s! The set was put together by Manzel in collaboration with Kenny Dope, and many of the tracks feature new mixes by Kenny & The Undercover Brother -- done in such a way that really respects the original grooves of the tunes, and which only sweetens them a bit in the right places, or brings out the funky drums even more. Every cut is a stone monster -- and the quality of the set is amazing -- with obscure cuts that sound every bit as wonderful as the more famous sample tracks like "Space Funk" or "Midnight Theme". 10 tracks in all, with titles that include "Jump Street", "Sugar Dreams", "Long Way Home", "Just For You", "It's Over Now", "The Party", "Vera Cruz", "Space Funk", "Midnight Theme", and "Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty".

Much cheaper than buying the original shit.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Daaayum, that's all??? I guess I won't be selling my copy, then. Wasn't this once up around $1000 (or was that just one or two folls on Ebay losing their minds?)?

Not that $450 or so is chickenfeed or anything... I'm just sayin' though.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

dude.

sethspins.

didn't you have a beat site waaaay back in the day? crateslist? phatdrumloops linkage?
    name sounds mad familiar.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Speaking of them, any1 has checked that new Manzel LP of unreleased stuff?

Dustygroove has it:

Manzel -- Midnight Theme -- Unreleased LP . . . LP . . . $8.99 (Item: 356658)
    Dope Brother, Late 70's Condition: New Copy View Cart View image
    The never-before released full album from keyboardist Manzel Bush -- the legendary 70s funk figure well-remembered for his classic break tracks! As a whole, the album's a masterpiece of spacey keyboards and funky drums -- funkier than just about any other record we can think of from the late 70s! The set was put together by Manzel in collaboration with Kenny Dope, and many of the tracks feature new mixes by Kenny & The Undercover Brother -- done in such a way that really respects the original grooves of the tunes, and which only sweetens them a bit in the right places, or brings out the funky drums even more. Every cut is a stone monster -- and the quality of the set is amazing -- with obscure cuts that sound every bit as wonderful as the more famous sample tracks like "Space Funk" or "Midnight Theme". 10 tracks in all, with titles that include "Jump Street", "Sugar Dreams", "Long Way Home", "Just For You", "It's Over Now", "The Party", "Vera Cruz", "Space Funk", "Midnight Theme", and "Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty".

Much cheaper than buying the original shit.

I peeped and I was kinda like "meh"...Just seemed like the same track over and over again with the best ones already being released as edited/remixed 12''s.

• sleepsleep 54 Posts

dude.

sethspins.

didn't you have a beat site waaaay back in the day? crateslist? phatdrumloops linkage?
    name sounds mad familiar.

yeah, what happened to all them? ill lunch, mcwax, mhat?
    [color:white]or did they all change names too?[/color]