my shitty new york apartment...(NRR)

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
ceiling sprung a leak over the holidays...in my bedroom. i was gone from the 19 to the 31 of december. fortunately it did not hit my records or any of my hardware. unfortunately it soaked my bed to the bone. because i was away for a week and a half my bed is now destroyed and smells like mildew. i now need a new bed and the whole nine...Super

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    thats what you get for moving to new york from kansas you fucking tourist!

Just playing.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    thats what you get for moving to new york from kansas you fucking tourist!
    "there's no place like home"...i'm really fom massachusettes.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    how much you pay to squat there anyways?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    this same thing happened in my girlfriends apartment last month. her roomates room was destroyed. my rent isn't outrageous but i deserve better than leaking ceilings.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    outrageous rent and squat-like settings are the main reason i'm wary of moving to nyc for grad school. will probably settle for boston. how are the thrift stores there?

outrageous rent and squat-like settings are the main reason i'm wary of moving to nyc for grad school. will probably settle for boston. how are the thrift stores there?

boston sucks! (sorry boston )

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

yeah, boston sucks! don't waste your time, for real. unless you are into college girls who hold John Mayer and Jack Johnson close to their hearts.

yeah, boston sucks! don't waste your time, for real. unless you are into college girls who hold John Mayer and Jack Johnson close to their hearts.

Stop talking about my sister like that. Anyway she goes to stanford. Very far away from wack ass boston.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    nyc landlords get the major gas face...

uh-oh, this could get political!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    nyc landlords get the major gas face...

Co-sign.

I've got a great deal. But generally you gotta steer away from Manhattan.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    ceiling sprung a leak over the holidays...in my bedroom. i was gone from the 19 to the 31 of december. fortunately it did not hit my records or any of my hardware. unfortunately it soaked my bed to the bone. because i was away for a week and a half my bed is now destroyed and smells like mildew. i now need a new bed and the whole nine...Super

What area of NYC do you live in, if you don't mind me asking.

• the real estate game in new york sucks. it's such a hustle. i can't think of any other profession (aside from the stock brokerage business) in which there's such a disconnect between aptitude and income. check the craiglist listings - they're all "many appartment's for rent best location's price negociable" .. okay you dumb fuck, i'm not going to pay you $2000 for giving me 20 minutes of your worthless time ...