718-498-1043

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
A lot of people still ask me about this, so here it is.http://www.bogaa.org/details/13687This is the tribute CD project I put together six years ago in honor of what was the 10th anniversary of Paul's Boutique[/b]. I've uploaded it as MP3's, I've streamed it, and now I'm making it available in the lossless FLAC format. Here is the track listing: 1. DOP-Waxin' & Milkin' 2. Crut-Paul's Intro 3. Jesse Dangerously-To All The Girls 4. Crut-Shake Your Rump 5. Crut-Juan's Mom 6. Crut-Eggman 7. Strictly Crocka-High Plains Drifter 8. Crut-The Sounds Of Science 9. Crut-3 Minutes High And Rising10. Crut-Hey Ladies11. X-Amount-Navin's Special Purpose12. Crut-Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun (O-Dub's Nightmare)13. XdiggetyX-Car Thief14. The Jergens McFlurry Quartet-What Comes Around Goes Around15. Crut-Shadrach16. 718-498-1043 (Closing)[/b]My original idea was for me to do the entire thing. But there was some interest, so I opened it up to everyone. Of course, had Soul Strut existed back then, I definitely would have asked for contributions.Again, no acapellas had existed for anything until a year or two later when the Criterion DVD set came out. With my tracks, I wanted to be able to go in and out of the original samples, as well as around it. There are various tales and personal in-jokes, including a few Queen Latifah references (I had a thing for her, oooweee). Had I known that the group were doing a DVD with remixes, I would have liked a chance to have contributed something.The cover art I made for this is currently "missing", but I'll continue to look for it.