luther thomas

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Who can help me cross these lp's off my longtime want list? I'm looking for the OG or even the reissue (lp only) I've NEVER seen either show up on ebay or anywhere for that matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Image hosted by Photobucket.comorImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm looking for that Luther Thomas record too, never seen it on ebay either. Cool album, I've heard the cd. File under: free funk.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    it's such a great album everyone should hear. I would post it in but I haven't quite yet reached that level of posting.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    TSL Had the luther thomas in November......Call them.

I think they had it @ $150 or so.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    i bought a luther thomas on ebay about 6 months ago for $50.

TSL Had the luther thomas in November......Call them.

I think they had it @ $150 or so.

TSL sold it in December...damn!!! I was just about to visit new york in a week

Hey Chris, was it an og you won on ebay?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Hey Chris, was it an og you won on ebay?

yes.

• I got mine off parisjazzcorner for not much more. Can't tell you exactly how much but I remember it being well less than 100. Great album. Coincidentally I was just playing around with my BAG/st. louis related wax section today and that one's def at the top for blunted funky jazz... with "kingdom come" and "rent man" off OFAMFA.

"Children of the sun" is IMO overall top. It was re-released on arista (whisper of dharma too).... always cheap. (first press = paste-on purple cover, 500 pressed, second press = printed-on purple cover, 1000 pressed)

I think "banana" is unreleased sessions and never had an earlier release?

thanks ashrock. Those all sound like they're going to be amazing.