roommate sex? I want the female perspective too

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I know you guys will eat this up.My female roommate has been aggressively trying to have sex with me. I mean just plain coming out and saying it. Lots of sexual tension for the last few months. One night while we were having beers she just put all the cards on the table and said we should fuck. We haven't yet and I'm debating whether I should at all. Bottomline, she's planning on moving to Europe and it was a now-or-never kind of proposition. The thing is she MIGHT be moving in August. Lots of time for shit to go bad and it may be even later than that. Just depends how her money and school thing works out over there.She's really my best friend and I just see so much going bad if we combined sex and friendship. To top it all off she's bisexual. I'd say 85% lesbian, 15% straight. She says she has no interest in a relationship but you know how that can go and to be honest I don't know if I could do this without developing feelings. Frankly, I'm more concerned about how I would feel. I mean, I want to hit it rrrreal bad and the possibility of a threesome is very real. Major plus.Okay, now during this whole thing I'm seeing ANOTHER girl where the sex is okay. Sort of a friends with benefits but we were never really friends. I've really decided I'm not so into her and will probably break it off when she comes back from a trip next week. For anyone wondering I'm not breaking up with her just so I can tap my roommate guilt free. It's just not working out with this girl.So I'm looking for some thoughtful advice and maybe a few good and bad life experiences. I want some female perspectives too.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Poor you.

Where is when you need him?

• If she is hot then poke it out.

Life is too short and people are too lame to worry about this kind of "what if it goes bad in the month she still is here before leaving to europe?" Have fun, let it go, don't get emotional about it.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    If she's really your best friend, don't risk your friendship by tapping it. Sex tends to make the simplest things complicated, even if you sit down and talk about it, agree not to get emotional, and so on. Sex is sex, but friendship (if its true) is something to be treasured.

• you guys could become an awesome couple. Explore the possibility.

Most folks are very immature when it comes to sex. It's just sex - if it doesn't work, then it was just bad sex and you know never to do that again. Sex itself doesn't ruin a friendship - people who don't know how to handle themselves in a situation do.

If she's so much your best friend she wouldn't be propositioning you over beers.

If you're so fragile that you can't deal with the consequences then you shouldn't be aching to hit it in the worst way.

Yahskanameeny?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i don't see where the question is.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    So I'm looking for some thoughtful advice

tap that

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Sex itself doesn't ruin a friendship - people who don't know how to handle themselves in a situation do.

• august isn't that far from now. weighing that against moving to europe indef.

definitely break off shit with the okay sex girl.

.....i say hit your roomate. you want it, she wants it, maybe just chillax on the 3way shit for now. after you hit it a couple times then make the call if you want 3 way.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i don't see where the question is.

me neither. tap that shit. I would hav a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGG time a go.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm with JP plus the addendum of:

She's the one asking for the L.D. If it gets "intense" or "weird," it's on her. Just keep it friendly and don't have any demands on each other.
    T.N.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Did people miss the part about them living together? If shit goes sour, someone's moving out. I'm assuming Arcadian doesn't want that someone to be him.

But yo - if you think BOTH of you are mature enough to handle this?

Then handle it.

(But if it all melts down and goes really really bad, plaese to post that story too).

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Have you thought of telling her that your only worry is developin them feelins? Perhaps she would lay off you for a bit if you said that, and then you can think about the situation more clearly.

However, if she lays off you're probalby more likely to want it now that it's not so-available.

• TREBEK: (aggravated) OK. The new category is "What The Hell is Wrong With You DJArcadian." Tap. Tap now. [ music starts ] Just tap. Use your arm, hand, special pen, whatever, and do the damn thing. Scribble if you want to, dry hump if you want to, just make some kind of move. You could have awesome sex until August while some other Strutters probably won't get any this year. [music stops ] OK, let's get this over with. DJArcadian, what was your answer?

DJARCADIAN: "She's really my best friend and I just see so much going bad if we combined sex and friendship."

TREBEK: I'm speechless. Let's see what you wagered: Eleventy billion dollars. That's not even a real number. Simply amazing. I am going to drive nails through my eyes now. Good night.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    85% lesbian, 15% straight

we'll need j-pegs, lots of 'em.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Have fun, let it go, don't get emotional about it.

This is sometimes easier said than done. But from my experience, if you already talked about it and everyone knows the rules to the game, the chances are smaller that in the end some major stress will arouse. So just do it. At least everyone knows what they agreed upon before and yes, life is too short to miss out on some fun. If one gets emotional afterwards, bad luck! You don't wanna be 60 and full of regrets about missed chances going "I wish I would have done this and that..." all day.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    By the way, I'm pretty sure this has to be POST OF THE DAY. Though the day is still young (on this coast at least)

85% lesbian, 15% straight

we'll need j-pegs, lots of 'em.

yes. post them or your flaccid.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

TREBEK: (aggravated) OK. The new category is "What The Hell is Wrong With You DJArcadian." Tap. Tap now. [ music starts ] Just tap. Use your arm, hand, special pen, whatever, and do the damn thing. Scribble if you want to, dry hump if you want to, just make some kind of move. You could have awesome sex until August while some other Strutters probably won't get any this year. [music stops ] OK, let's get this over with. DJArcadian, what was your answer?

DJARCADIAN: "She's really my best friend and I just see so much going bad if we combined sex and friendship."

TREBEK: I'm speechless. Let's see what you wagered: Eleventy billion dollars. That's not even a real number. Simply amazing. I am going to drive nails through my eyes now. Good night.

Can I my own thread! This shit had me on the floor in tears!

• TREBEK: (aggravated) OK. The new category is "What The Hell is Wrong With You DJArcadian." Tap. Tap now. [ music starts ] Just tap. Use your arm, hand, special pen, whatever, and do the damn thing. Scribble if you want to, dry hump if you want to, just make some kind of move. You could have awesome sex until August while some other Strutters probably won't get any this year. [music stops ] OK, let's get this over with. DJArcadian, what was your answer?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Simple solution: Tell her you asked for advice about this on yer record nerd forum & see if she is still interested. If so, marry her.

• Jeebus...you got a tough life. Hit that 15%.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Did people miss the part about them living together? If shit goes sour, someone's moving out. I'm assuming Arcadian doesn't want that someone to be him.

Then handle it.

(But if it all melts down and goes really really bad, plaese to post that story too).

Then handle it.

ghey

• What kind of lame gets all emotional after casual sex?

You're supposed to be sitting at the edge of the bed, smoking a cig, trying to count your lifetime total. Not getting all moist and worrying about if she'll leave in the middle of the night and whether or not you'll still be friends.

Sac the fuck up. ARE WE NOT MEN???

Why anyone would ask soulstrut about sex is beyond me but that's neither here nor there

What kind of lame gets all emotional after casual sex?

THANK YOU!

post jpgs or your flaccid!

• What kind of lame gets all emotional after casual sex?

THANK YOU!

But NOT the jpeg of the fine piece with the flaccid penis....

What kind of lame gets all emotional after casual sex?

THANK YOU!

But NOT the jpeg of the fine piece with the flaccid penis....

yes. thank you for clarifying that.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Why anyone would ask soulstrut about sex is beyond me but that's neither here nor there

Partly bragging rights and partly knowning the hilarious responses I would (and did) get.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Simple solution: Tell her you asked for advice about this on yer record nerd forum & see if she is still interested. If so, marry her.

lol...the wedding planer

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts