Best time to end auctions?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Yo fam, yo fam, yo fam.

This is a question for all eBay users, buyers and sellers. When is the best time to end auctions? I've experimented with the weekday evenings, doesn't go over so well. Weekends don't seem to be much better, in fact maybe even worse. How about mid day, like after lunch break time ~3 EST?

Let's also take into account our overseas brethren, etc.

What's worked the best for you convenience-wise (no eSnipe) when listing or bidding on a record? I guess I'm assuming the majority of bids are placed within the last hour or so.

On the menu: Vegetable soup, with sweet & sour sauce + a side of Eddie Holman.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

After 1 am (EST) on thursday-friday.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    ItSunday gets the most weekend traffic, with peak hours being in the early evening. Of the weekdays, Monday is the busiest, followed by Tuesday. Research has shown that the best time to have items end is between 5-8pm. However, the most important tip for selling on ebay is to know your buyers. If, for example, you're selling modern or northern soul, your best bet is to list in the early afternoon so your auctions end in the evening for buyers in the UK. If you're selling funk, email marcofunk and ask him what time is most convenient for him.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    haha

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    email bebbesoul[/b] and ask him what time is most convenient for him.