Jackpot!!!! (Secret Santa Related)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
And on that day, R*chard the Beneficent delivered unto the optimistic little dude a bounty of records, rare and wonderful, which filled the recipient's abode with much merriment and rejoicing. But when the naysayers beheld the records, and saw that they were good, the streets filled up with tears, for they understood at last that disparaging the sacred tradition of the Secret Santa is indeed the act of fools.Everything pictured plus a copy of the Nancy Priddy 45 with "You've come this way before" on it! Huge, huge thanks go out to the man that has filled my house with fuzz! I know there's another thread about Secret Santa's, but R*ch's generosity really needed its own post.Who else has gotten their goods?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Rockadelic hooked you up like DAMN

santas spirit is definitly been good to most.

Still waiting on mines

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

santas spirit is definitly been good to most.

Still waiting on mines

Yeah, dude came through BIG TIME! Still making my way through the music, and loving every bit of it.

• Rockadelic hooked you up like DAMN

now watch all the dudes that have been yelling at him all week start to be sweet

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Damn, looks like your lucky day. Whats up with that A.J. last song record? And that grey/navy blue lp with the drummer on the front? They both look killer.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Whoa does that Bully Boys Lp have a cover of the theme from Putney Swope?!?!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Damn, looks like your lucky day. Whats up with that A.J. last song record? And that grey/navy blue lp with the drummer on the front? They both look killer.

The AJ record is some private press folk/psych madness on Black Walnut. Four tracks total I believe (I'm away from it at the moment) that run the gamut from melodic folk to out-and-out fuzz. Very, very cool album. The other record is the Rockadelic reissue of Kath, a super-obscure, only 60-pressed, Beatles-influenced stoner rock album that, IMO, is completely awesome.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Glad you're digging the music....so far it looks like everyone has done real well....I'm still digging the pile Nate sent my way.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

now watch all the dudes that have been yelling at him all week start to be sweet

Hey, me and R*** are tight on the PM. We can hang like professionals yo. And I'm meeting Sabanamanaman for beers tomorrow. Err, maybe that last bit was a lie.

• Whoa does that Bully Boys Lp have a cover of the theme from Putney Swope?!?!

(Marco does double take)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    AWESOME!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Ugh, I think I made a mistake participating in this.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Hey, me and R*** are tight on the PM. We can hang like professionals yo. And I'm meeting Sabanamanaman for beers tomorrow. Err, maybe that last bit was a lie.

Absolutely....differences on NRR topics has not stopped Spliff from turning me on to some damn good stuff....and I do appreciate it.....thanks!!

• Ironfeet sent me that Bully Boys just for saying how many pushups I could do. It is indeed a quality record.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't think you made a mistake based on the sweet records you sent me. Thanks buddy!

Gambit blessed me with:

Joe Beck - Nature Boy LP (Verve)
    Mel Brown's Fifth LP (Impulse)
    Grant Green - The Final Comedown OST
    Plus a 45 of
    Boby Franklin's Insanity - Sexplot (!!!) b/w Don't Lose What You Got (Trying to Get What You Had)

These are great. Thanks again.

Merry Chrimahannukwanzaakah / Festivus to All

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    And on that day, R*chard the Beneficent delivered unto the optimistic little dude a bounty of records, rare and wonderful, which filled the recipient's abode with much merriment and rejoicing. But when the naysayers beheld the records, and saw that they were good, the streets filled up with tears, for they understood at last that disparaging the sacred tradition of the Secret Santa is indeed the act of fools.

Everything pictured plus a copy of the Nancy Priddy 45 with "You've come this way before" on it! Huge, huge thanks go out to the man that has filled my house with fuzz!

I know there's another thread about Secret Santa's, but R*ch's generosity really needed its own post.

Who else has gotten their goods?

DIE ![/b]

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I don't think you made a mistake based on the sweet records you sent me. Thanks buddy!
    Right on, glad to see they made it safe and sound. I won't babble on anymore about not sending any raers that I don't have. I hope I accentuated your crates with those pieces though. Peace.