Pat Robertson--Profesional Shit-Disturber

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/01/05/national/a134812S67.DTLRobertson Links Sharon's Stroke to Wrath[/b]By SONJA BARISIC, Associated Press WriterThursday, January 5, 2006(01-05) 14:06 PST Norfolk, Va. (AP) --Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."[/b]"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program "The 700 Club.""You read the Bible and he says `This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, `No, this is mine.'"Sharon, who ordered Israel's withdrawal from Gaza last year, suffered a severe stroke on Wednesday.In Robertson's broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia Beach, the evangelist said he had personally prayed about a year ago with Sharon, whom he called "a very tender-hearted man and a good friend." He said he was sad to see Sharon in this condition.He also said, however, that in the Bible, the prophet Joel "makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land.'"Sharon "was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU (European Union), the United Nations, or the United States of America," Robertson said.In discussing what he said was God's insistence that Israel not be divided, Robertson also referred to the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who had sought to achieve peace by giving land to the Palestinians. "It was a terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless he was dead," he said.People For the American Way Foundation, which monitors "The 700 Club," criticized Robertson's remarks, calling them "an implicit reference to recent steps the prime minister has taken to advance the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.""Once again, Pat Robertson leaves us speechless with his insensitivity and arrogance," the group's president, Ralph G. Neas, said in a statement.The Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said a religious leader "should not be making callous political points while a man is struggling for his life.""Pat Robertson has a political agenda for the entire world, and he seems to think God is ready to take out any world leader who stands in the way of that agenda," Lynn said in a statement.Robertson spokeswoman Angell Watts said of critics who challenged his remarks, "What they're basically saying is, `How dare Pat Robertson quote the Bible?'""This is what the word of God says," Watts said. "This is nothing new to the Christian community."In August, Robertson suggested on "The 700 Club" that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who has long been at odds with U.S. foreign policy. Robertson later apologized for his remarks, saying he "spoke in frustration."

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    so apparently America is not God's land. Dividing it was fine, especially since he's living fruitfully off it, and its not Gods land anyways, so we all win.

• he reminds me of my senile grandfather after he has a few cocktails at the nursing home

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Total asshole....who keeps putting a camera and microphone in front of this guy??

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Total asshole....who keeps putting a camera and microphone in front of this guy??

3rd streams drunk grandpa

• Total asshole....who keeps putting a camera and microphone in front of this guy??

3rd streams drunk grandpa

my dude shits himself on the regular, can't handle a handicam

• in other news iran's president is wishing Sharon well...

"Hopefully, the news that the criminal of Sabra and Chatilla has joined his ancestors is final," [/b]

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

DOUCHE BAG [/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

DOUCHE BAG [/b]

this thread brought me from calm and whimsical to angry and brooding quickly

I'm going to go powerwalk now and hopefully relax

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I like Robertson. He's reasonable and usually right on point.

DOUCHE BAG [/b]

this thread brought me from calm and whimsical to angry and brooding quickly

I'm going to go powerwalk now and hopefully relax

really. i was just thinking that my initial post doesn't begin to describe how much of a shithead i think pat is. i believe some people are seriously an ill to society and should be muzzled and deported - and he's one of them.

his thoughts on the 700 club two days after 9/11:

"We have allowed rampant secularism and occult, et cetera, to be broadcast on television. We have permitted somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 to 40 million unborn babies to be slaughtered in our society. We have a Court that has essentially stuck its finger in God's eye and said, 'We're going to legislate you out of the schools, we're going to take your Commandments from off the courthouse steps in various states, we're not going to let little children read the Commandments of God, we're not going to let the Bible be read -- no prayer in our schools.' We have insulted God at the highest levels of our government. And, then we say 'why does this happen?' Well, why its happening is that God Almighty is lifting His protection from us."

shit, but then its like "ok, if people are stupid enough to listen to and agree with pat, fuck them." let pat have his first amendment rights.
    but really, no. strip that cocksucker of his rights and tickle him to death.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    tickled to death sounds like a fun way to die.

• In August, Robertson suggested on "The 700 Club" that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who has long been at odds with U.S. foreign policy. Robertson later apologized for his remarks, saying he "spoke in frustration."

When this first broke he kept insisting that he never said they should 'kill' him (chavez), and that the press was attacking him, etc...but the beauty of TV and modern media is that you can't deny what's been broadcast to millions of mofos. But it took him a good minute to apologize for that schlitz.

Also, while his comments are fucked, and I know that is the main point, lets not remember that Sharon is hardly an angel himself. Which goes to show you how fucked up the world is, that these cockroaches keep trying to crawl over each other while the rest of us shops/works at walmart.

$??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Also, while his comments are fucked, and I know that is the main point, lets not remember that Sharon is hardly an angel himself. Which goes to show you how fucked up the world is, that these cockroaches keep trying to crawl over each other while the rest of us shops/works at walmart.

$??

I've often called Sharon the Jewish Bush but I do got to commend him for making an attempt at some sort of peace with the palestinians. His words now are nearly a 180 from what he was saying a few years back.

Either way, no man of god (robertson) should be telling people that they will suffer or die if they don't follow his earthly ideology

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

HERE I AM

ROCK ME LIKE A HURRICANE

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Dude is an idiot plain and simple.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Not defending him, ....but it does say that in the bible doesnt it?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

your point?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Yeah, but a lot of people miss the context things get said in. If you're out of context, then it's hard to put certain things in perspective.

Sharon is like what, 80 years old? God's not necessarily punishing him, dude is 80 YEARS OLD. When/if Robertson gets that old and has health issues I'm going to get on TV and scream that God is punishing him for being a jackass.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    this is funny to me
    and im not talkin about what robertson said because i believe what he said
    whats funny to me is that here is a christian man quoting what the bible says and you folks jump on with the insults
    number 1) that article is definitely biased to make robertson look really bad. the people chosen to speak against pat are freakin liberals! what do you expect! they are going to trash whatever a christian man in the spotlight will say. somewhere way down in the article you get someone from robertson's camp explaining what he meant.
    number 2) mandrew nice way to call people stupid for believing what they do. i wont let someone disrespect my intelligence because they feel that the way they think is superior to my way. i know it aint very christian like but the next time i see a fag or a fag lover thread, and all you people that are disrespectin in this thread get on to defend that, its on. think about that.
    and in response to that quote after 9/11, if you cant see that happenin in our country you are severely blinded. this countries morals are in a downward spiral.

peace between israel and palestine is not happening. regardless of how much you want it. it will be isaac against ishmael until this world ends.

oh and just a lil tidbit on chavez. that is a really bad dude. if you dont know, do your homework

bye

• this is funny to me

whats funny to me is that here is a christian man quoting what the bible says and you folks jump on with the insults

number 1) that article is definitely biased to make robertson look really bad. the people chosen to speak against pat are freakin liberals! what do you expect! they are going to trash whatever a christian man in the spotlight will say. somewhere way down in the article you get someone from robertson's camp explaining what he meant.

number 2) mandrew nice way to call people stupid for believing what they do. i wont let someone disrespect my intelligence because they feel that the way they think is superior to my way. i know it aint very christian like but the next time i see a fag or a fag lover thread, and all you people that are disrespectin in this thread get on to defend that, its on. think about that.

and in response to that quote after 9/11, if you cant see that happenin in our country you are severely blinded. this countries morals are in a downward spiral.

peace between israel and palestine is not happening. regardless of how much you want it. it will be isaac against ishmael until this world ends.

oh and just a lil tidbit on chavez. that is a really bad dude. if you dont know, do your homework

bye

...seeya...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

number 2) mandrew nice way to call people stupid for believing what they do. i wont let someone disrespect my intelligence because they feel that the way they think is superior to my way[/b].
    It's called having convictions. And if you don't have the analytical framework to back up your idealism, then you better know I will feel superior (in the philosophical manner) than you.

I've done my homework. Including organizing trade-unionists from Venezuela to come to Canada and do speaking tours. Including speaking to people form venezuela, and funding people to go to Venezuela. My only lacking credibility is that I haven't been there myself for financial reasons. The whole point in me bringing this up, is that just because you've read a lot about something (ala "do your homework") doesn't mean your necessarilly right. And you better believe I'm fucking biased.

Remember, the pope met on multiple occasions with Pinochet. That dude killed many more than Chavez has even thought about. And ya'll jump on his hate-bandwagon for putting some dude who helped organize a kidnapping of the president (anyone smell treason?) in jail for 4 years. 4 years!#!@!

ps - I have pent up beaurocratic anger right now. Been all over my university trying to get my funding sorted out.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    this is funny to me

bye

• never say never.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I mean, ignore Lumin. He's a white guy with dreadlocks that like to use "nigger/nigga" alot. Anyone like that is straight .

Trustafundian strut no doubt.

Jaaaaah!!! Trust-a-fund-I!!!

• Christ-a-farian, Cathlo-farian?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Christ-a-farian, Cathlo-farian?

Richwhitekid-ian.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Christ-a-farian, Cathlo-farian?