warning (re: another bad dealer related)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Beware buying from www.vinylmail.com. [/b]Specifically requested a box, did not use one. Some $40 later I'm sitting with a broken LP. Seller could not give a flying fuck and wouldn't meet me halfway. Blows my mind that people who run a "business" will spoil their reputation over $20. Not a whole lot of $, but had a bad rash of sellers shipping airmail without protection. I should have thought twice dealing with a guy who looks & talks like this:Hi, my name is ANTONIO and by 15 years I work in this fantastic world, but only 5 on internet. Before to be a dealer of records I'm a collector of vinyl records, and before to be a vinyl collector I'm a great listener of each kind of music innovation. After many time I think let to know my thousands records at all international record collectors: SOMEONE, I DON'T KNOW WHO, I DON'T KNOW WHERE, SEARCH WHAT I HAVE. Is so that on my list can appear unknow name of artist; in this way I hope to give the possibility still to who don't collect only BEATLES & ROLLING STONES, to find many others artists.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    He's simply a great listenero.

I got a record from the UK this afternoon wrapped in newspaper - JUST NEWSPAPER! I cannot believe it didn't break.

• What kills me is if you complain to paypal about the record being broken, they'll ask you to get a signed inspection from an expert or something.

Last time I even put a pic of the broken record (in half) with the complaint, saying it wasn't packed well. Didn't matter.

What am I supposed to do, walk into my local record store and say "can you sign this to verify this record, broken in HALF, isn't playable?" They'd laugh me out. over $40? fuck that.

People talk about it being too easy to get $ back from paypal but I've never seen anything back.

Time to write a last bitchy email and forget about it.

What kills me is if you complain to paypal about the record being broken, they'll ask you to get a signed inspection from an expert or something.

Last time I even put a pic of the broken record (in half) with the complaint, saying it wasn't packed well. Didn't matter.

What am I supposed to do, walk into my local record store and say "can you sign this to verify this record, broken in HALF, isn't playable?" They'd laugh me out. over $40? fuck that.

People talk about it being too easy to get $ back from paypal but I've never seen anything back.

what if you claim it just never arrived? That's how I've been screwed with paypal. I think the small fib is justified in this case.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I got a record from the UK this afternoon wrapped in newspaper - JUST NEWSPAPER! I cannot believe it didn't break.

Ghetto seller! Was it the metro? Thats a free paper & would make the packaging even cheaper!

Ghetto seller! Was it the metro? Thats a free paper & would make the packaging even cheaper!

hahaha!!!

• I got a record from the UK this afternoon wrapped in newspaper - JUST NEWSPAPER! I cannot believe it didn't break.

WOW...

If it was a Fishbone record and the seller worked in a fish market, I could see the discrepancy... That wasn't the case though, was it? Just playing devil's advocate here.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    He's simply a great listenero.

eh those cardboard envelopes they use in the UK aren't much better than newspaper. no structural support! Buy some boxes you cheap bastards!!!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

eh those cardboard envelopes they use in the UK aren't much better than newspaper. no structural support! Buy some boxes you cheap bastards!!!

... I think for now on, when I sell a record to someone not from the U.S. I'll use one of those flimsy @ssed mailers so they can see what it feels like... they are not good for anything else and I would not disrecpect any U.S. buyer buy using it within the U.S.... I hate them things...

• I got a record from the UK this afternoon wrapped in newspaper - JUST NEWSPAPER! I cannot believe it didn't break.

yeah i had some dude send me records in a beer box

yeah i had some dude send me records in a beer box

Hey! That was a STRONG BEER BOX!!!

• It's not just UK sellers with questionable packaging, I had a US seller send me 2 seven inches badly packed so they shatterd on route and a japanese seller I deal with regularly sends items out in bubble wrap envelopes, no cardboard packaging or anything !!! They have always turned up ok though(touch wood!)
    The thin card envelopes used in the UK are the only form of mailer easily available over here, but work ok if they are packed with a couple of pieces of card.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    (touch wood!)

AYOOOOO!

• It's not just UK sellers with questionable packaging, I had a US seller send me 2 seven inches badly packed so they shatterd on route and a japanese seller I deal with regularly sends items out in bubble wrap envelopes, no cardboard packaging or anything !!! They have always turned up ok though(touch wood!)
    The thin card envelopes used in the UK are the only form of mailer easily available over here, but work ok if they are packed with a couple of pieces of card.

theres a dud on here that has been shipping records in ziplock bags

• theres a dud on here that has been shipping records in ziplock bags

Name and shame !!!

• What kills me is if you complain to paypal about the record being broken, they'll ask you to get a signed inspection from an expert or something.

what if you claim it just never arrived? That's how I've been screwed with paypal. I think the small fib is justified in this case.

He got proof of mailing via registered mail.

I tried that this time but still SOL.

• More useless record collector info:

Marcofunk now = beppesoul

• theres a dud on here that has been shipping records in ziplock bags

Name and shame !!!

If you are talking about me you can fuck off, dick. I'll knock you out if you fuck with my business. You hamster cum guzzler.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=taza_one

Get off his fucking boat. Half your records are represses anyway, chump. At list i list when mine is a repress. He's still mad because I sonned him over my podcast. Chump.

If you are not talking about me, fuck you anyway, herb.

• Get off his fucking boat. Half your records are represses anyway, chump. At list i list when mine is a repress. He's still mad because I sonned him over my podcast. Chump.

what the fuck are you talking about?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

More useless record collector info:

• Get off his fucking boat. Half your records are represses anyway, chump. At list i list when mine is a repress. He's still mad because I sonned him over my podcast. Chump.

I'm just busting your ballz, doggie.

Get off his fucking boat. Half your records are represses anyway, chump. At list i list when mine is a repress. He's still mad because I sonned him over my podcast. Chump.

You are clearly the victim of a classic "sonning". Over a podcast, no less.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Name and shame !!!

If you are talking about me you can fuck off, dick. I'll knock you out if you fuck with my business. You hamster cum guzzler.

WHOA! wtf? it aint even my business, but if you talked to me like that...well, nevermind.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Name and shame !!!

WHOA! wtf? it aint even my business, but if you talked to me like that...well, nevermind.

Especially the part about half your records being represses!

• More useless record collector info:

I appreciate the info. That dude's money isn't worth the headache of dealing with him

• If you are talking about me you can fuck off, dick. I'll knock you out if you fuck with my business. You hamster cum guzzler.

i really actually feel sorry for the guy, i know iam no chris carnahan, ap, or reynaldo for that matter but have you seen the records the dude sells?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

I'm just busting your ballz, doggie.

not even to step in the middle of this e-beef, but I was curious about your items Taza, and I noticed lots of records graded VG+++. This grade does not exist, and screams "little dude". VG++ or EX or NM or M- are cool though. No disprespect intended, just an attempt at being helpful, from a "medium dude".

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    not even to step in the middle of this e-beef, but I was curious about your items Taza, and I noticed lots of records graded VG+++. This grade does not exist, and screams "little dude". VG++ or EX or NM or M- are cool though. No disprespect intended, just an attempt at being helpful, from a "medium dude".

I'm not even down with EX or EX-... I've NEVER been clear on what these are supposed to mean cuz I've gotten everything from VG to Mint described as such... and actually I've never encountered another dealer/collector in NC who used or cared for the grade either...

VG++ is barely acceptable to me, and only because it indicates you've got a super-clean record on your hands (which you're afraid to enter NM territory for...)

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I don't use the EX myself, though I have in the past. Theres times where a record is very damn near mint, with one or two super light markies, and I don't wanna sell myself short with VG+, so you gotta opt for an in between.