ebay officially sucks my balls

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
fuck this shit. I'm offically switching to esnipe. I've been outbid like 50 time in the last couple months on shit that should not be near as much. This is the last straw I've never seen this go for this much.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4813925917&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1fuck italy and fuck japan they throw crazy money everywhere. I'm now in full hatter mode

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yup. and it really sucks because you've been eyeing that shit for a week, thinking (wishfully) that you're about to make a steal, and you're all daydreaming about how it'll look lovely in your home. and you get outbid...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Dude - look at it this way - You still have $200 in your wallet.

Sheesh.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    $186 is NOT an outrageous price for that though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You still have $200 in your wallet.

true.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    You still have $200 in your wallet.

true.

Sometimes losing that shit is a blessing man.

I lost this auction a little while ago

only to find this 7" in a picked-over spot yesterday for $4!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've never seen this go for this much.
    Past prices are irrelevant anymore. If you really want a record, bidding well over what you think it will take to win is the way to go. What's an extra $50 compared to the great feeling of crossing a long time want off of "the list?" (Answer: nothing)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    fuck japan they throw crazy money everywhere. I'm now in full hatter mode

"FUCK YOU TOO troubleman! Step your game up, get your weight up and learn how to bid!"

• I've never seen this go for this much.
    Past prices are irrelevant anymore. If you
    really want a record, bidding well over what you think it will take to win is the way to go.
    *shakes head*

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've never seen this go for this much.
    really want a record, bidding well over what you think it will take to win is the way to go.
    *shakes head*
    GET ON MY LEVEL

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    YOU FORGOT TO ADD "BATCH"

• I've never seen this go for this much.
    *shakes head*
    GET ON MY LEVEL
    *laughs*

• OK. Where to begin. I recently got this record in the shop. It still had it's TSL price tag on it, which was $200. Now I don't sell it for quite that much but it has been a steady price for them as long as I can remember.

I recall before the days of ebay people were paying more than that at conventions and shit.

This record has gone for half that in the past year online.

And lastly, it is a great and beautiful record that, if it were more rare, people would be forking out DOUBLE what you see here. Totally worth it IMO.

• Step your game up, get your weight up and learn how to bid!"

plus shouldn't strutters already have this???

DON'T HATE THE AUCTION SITE - HATE THE FACT YOU'RE NOT A

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i've seen it multiple times for less than a bill. i wouldnt pay more than $85 for it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i wouldnt pay more than $85 for it.

I'm with Delay... good record, happy with the reish...

The OG isn't even that great a pressing

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

"FUCK YOU TOO troubleman! Step your game up, get your weight up and learn how to bid!"

ha ha. that is too funny. Please know that regard you in the highest esteem, Sheep! when I was ranting last night, I hope you knew you're exempt. I was talking about everyone but my soulstrut brethren.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

ha ha. that is too funny. Please know that regard you in the highest esteem, Sheep! when I was ranting last night, I hope you knew you're exempt. I was talking about everyone but my soulstrut brethren.

You missed the point of my reply and picture hommie! Sheep is not Japanese, the girls are telling you "Fuck you too!" So Sheep is ok, but you still say "fuck Italy and Japan?" Where is all the hate coming from? You need a hug...

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    OK. Where to begin. I recently got this record in the shop. It still had it's TSL price tag on it, which was $200. Now I don't sell it for quite that much but it has been a steady price for them as long as I can remember.

I recall before the days of ebay people were paying more than that at conventions and shit.

This record has gone for half that in the past year online.

And lastly, it is a great and beautiful record that, if it were more rare, people would be forking out DOUBLE what you see here. Totally worth it IMO.

Perfectly said. I'm bitter about any record that is that much money (besides the ones that I own). But truth is - it's a great record. That's why it doesn't pop up all the time - and when it does it's usually Salsoul'd out (scratched to shit). Think of this as you would the first Kool and the Gang. It rarely pops up because it's good record - people don't really want to get rid of it. Unfortunately - other people in the world sometimes have good taste as well.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Think of this as you would the first Kool and the Gang. It rarely pops up because it's good record - people don't really want to get rid of it. Unfortunately - other people in the world sometimes have good taste as well.

This is true for a lot of records, but its not the reason why the two you mention are tough finds...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I might not have gone along with this post until 5 minutes ago, when some deep-pocketed Italian bidder sniped me with 8 seconds left on a damn HOLY GRAIL record I was sure was mine. I even raised my bid in the last 30 seconds to try to avoid e-peek, e-snipe, etc - I realize "step yo game up" is the only real response, but anyone who has experienced the pain of refreshing - winner 1 minute, refreshing - winner 52 seconds, refreshing - winner 38 seconds, refreshing - winner 24 seconds, refreshing - winner 12 seconds, refreshing We're Sorry But You Lost this Item - Auction Over[/b] knows just how I feel right now

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I might not have gone along with this post until 5 minutes ago, when some deep-pocketed Italian bidder sniped me with 8 seconds left on a damn HOLY GRAIL record I was sure was mine. I even raised my bid in the last 30 seconds to try to avoid e-peek, e-snipe, etc - I realize "step yo game up" is the only real response, but anyone who has experienced the pain of refreshing - winner 1 minute, refreshing - winner 52 seconds, refreshing - winner 38 seconds, refreshing - winner 24 seconds, refreshing - winner 12 seconds, refreshing We're Sorry But You Lost this Item - Auction Over[/b] knows just how I feel right now

woah! flashback.

• i wouldnt pay more than $85 for it.

I'm with Delay... good record, happy with the reish...

The OG isn't even that great a pressing

, OG pressing is mad . Playing that shit out you have to have the gain on your mixer on FULL, so I don't bother dragging it out very often. I had a UK boot before I copped the OG, and it sucked ass as well. The best pressing of 24 Karat Black Theme I've found is on one of those Irma compilations, which are spotty at best, but they have that particular track and its nice and LOUD.

$??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Reissue. $5 used is fine for now.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• The 1994 CD reissue sounds pretty good.

I have a VG+ OG and it has little wear but plays pretty doo doo. Not much wear but you can hear every hairline. Play-outable, but it's not really a play-out joint...

Traded from my friend who found 2 copies for $10 a pop from psych rock head. He had a good day I am told.

DIE!!!

• I normally don't have a problem if I get outbid -- but the last three times I've wanted something - the same mthrfckr is bidding it up and it's always the only thing he bids on. Always.