Clearing out the Collection

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Gotta make room for some new arrivals in oh-six. I'll add some soundclips in a bit for some of the weirder items. You can either PM me here, or email me at: alex dot panther at gmail dot com. All items are in at least VG+ condition unless otherwise noted.LPs:Jamey Aebersold - Nothin' But Blues (vol. 2, with Mr. Super Hip)Tony Camillo's Bazuka (A&M)Bobby Blossom and the Montego Bay Street People - Montego Bay (ARC LP with a strangely compelling (to me) version of Montego Bay and 007)Boule Noire S/T (Magique - with Aimes Tu La Vie Comme Moi?)Candido - Candi's Funk (Salsoul)Wayne Cochran - Cochran (Epic) I'm partial to 'Boogie'.Ron Collier - Face Off OST (Agincourt) Canada OST, with funky jazz tune 'the Hub'.Bill Cosby - Hooray for the Salvation Army Band (Warner Bros)Father Richard Ho Lung - Brother Soul - Jamaican Jesuit album with interesting moments throughout.HP Riot - S/T (Concept) funky horn rock.Jordanka Hristova S/T on Balkanton - Bulagarian Girl songs, with some interesting parts.Humber College Jazz ensemble - Big Band Jazz vol 2 funky big band jazz on 'skunk chowder'Incredible Bongo Band - Bongo Rock - OG Mirror cover on PrideIrakere - volumen 1 - exitos from 1973-1978. Crazy big funky latin tunes. All over the map.Quincy Jones - $ OST - With 'Money Runner'Monk Montgomery - Bass Odyssey (Chisa, with the groover 'fusilage pt. 2)Joe Morello - Another Step Forward (funky band jazz on 'not so fast' - Ovation)Ted Moses and the Mother Necessity Big Band - Now More Than Ever (CBC) with the funky jazz tune 'lighten up'Alphonse Mouzon - The Essence of Mystery (Blue Note)Alphonse Mouzon - The Man Incognito (Blue Note)Lee Oskar - Before the Rain (Elektra) with 'haunted house'Dany Play - Guyanese compilation on Disques D'ans, with strangely groovy track by Dany Play called 'le noir'Lou Rawls - You're Good To Me - Capitol - Axelrod, with 'lifetime'Billy Reed and the Street People - Doin' the Best We can (Acme). "funky" canadian group who sounds like they're trying a bit too hardFrankie Smith - Children of Tomorrow (PBI) with 'double dutch bus'S.O.B. - American library record with 60sec clips. Free with other tradesSyreeta - Stevie Wonder Presents Syreeta (Motown, 1974)Joe Thomas - Make Your Move (Lester Radio (TK)) funky disco on Sugar SmackToo $hort - Short Dog's In the house (Jive)Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights (Reprise)UPP - S/T (Epic) *UBB*Voco - Lights Out San FranciscoWild Tchoupitoulas - S/T (Island) the Meters45sCalvin Arnold - I'm Your Friendly Neighbourhood Freak pt 1/2 (IX Chains)Banzai - Rhytm'Kung Fu pt 1/2 (Nobel) Canadian only percussion discoy businessJorge Ben - Fio Maravilha / Domingas (Philips) acoustic Jorge in a pic sleeveWillie Bobo - Fried Neckbones... / Uno Dos Tres (Verve)Black Affairs - Sound of Music pt 1/2 (A3) Caribbean stoner rock grooveBoule Noire - Rencontre/Je T'aime (Magique) big breakdownAl TNT Braggs - Out of the Pan / Joy To My Soul (Peacock) uptempo soulIzhar Cohen & Alpha Beta - Abanibi / Illusions (polydor) illusions has a nice grooveJames Crawford - Got No Excuse / Hooray.. (Blue rock) a James Brown productionCreative Source - You Can't Hide Love / Lovesville (Sussex)Betty Davis - If I'm in luck / same (Just Sunshine)Betty Davis - Shoo-b-doop and cop him / he was a big freak (Just Sunshine)Mane Dibango et Georgia - Qui est Fou / Mimbo (Fiesta)Erotic Drum Band - Action '78 / same (Champaign) disco percussionNino Ferrer - Les Enfants de la patrie / la maison pres de la fontaine (Barclay) groovy jerkLowell Fulson - The Thing (Kent) funky bluesFrance Gall - L'orage / Homme Tout Petit (Jupiter) damn hot 'Spy Hunter' opening changes to French pop. The opening is really great, though.Hot Blood - Soul Dracula (Carrere) disco noveltyPaul Humphrey - Cool Aid / Detroit (lizard)Incredible Bongo Band - Let there be drums / dueling bongos (MGM)Jerry-O - Dance what cha wanna (Bang)Johnny Jones and the King Casuals - Soul Poppin' / blues for the brothers (Brunswick)Marika Kesmarki - Egy fiu a hazbol (qualiton) odd groovy hungarian girlBoobie Knight & the Universal Lady - Power Greater than Man / same (Dakar) quite a strange song, reallyLittle Dabs - E.T. (Every time) (Musicworks) - Electro love song to ET the extraterrestrial sung by children. really.Curtis Mayfield - Right on for the darkness/kung fu (curtom)Meters - Ease Back / same (Josie promo) bit of a hiss on this oneJohnny Nash - Understanding / Let's Move and Groove together (Allied)James Rivers - Bird Brain / Tighten up (*not that tighten up*) (Eight Ball)S.S.O. - Tonights the night / disco mix (shady brook) - bit breakdownTitanic - sultana / sing fool sing - (CBS pic sleeve)Troubadours International - Spouge Inspiration (caravan) cool shaft-esqe tune bookended by happy-island singsongWet Willie - Soul Jones / Keep on Smilin' (Capricorn)Watts 103rd - Dance Kiss and a song / Do Your Thing (Warner Bros)

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Evidently I waited too long to edit my post to add the soundclips, so I'll do it here. I also omitted my wants, which are, most simply, dancefloor funk/jazz/disco.

LPs:[/b]

Ron Collier - Face Off OST (Agincourt) Canada OST, with funky jazz tune the Hub.

Father Richard Ho Lung - Brother Soul - Jamaican Jesuit album with interesting moments throughout.

Jordanka Hristova S/T on Balkanton - Bulagarian Girl songs, with some interesting parts.

Irakere - volumen 1 - exitos from 1973-1978. Crazy big funky latin tunes. All over the map.

Dany Play - Guyanese compilation on Disques D'ans, with strangely groovy track by Dany Play called le noir.

45s[/b]

Black Affairs - Sound of Music pt 1/2 (A3) Caribbean stoner rock groove (VG)

Boule Noire - Rencontre/Je T'aime (Magique) big breakdown.

Little Dabs - E.T. (Every time) (Musicworks) - Electro love song to ET the extraterrestrial sung by children. really.

S.S.O. - Tonights the night / disco mix (shady brook) - big breakdown

Troubadours International - Spouge Inspiration (caravan) cool shaft-esqe tune bookended by happy-island singsong - correction, it's only really the last minute that's shafty.