funny myspace post

soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
May 3, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: LA HIGHWAY SHOOTINGS
Body: From LI*Y

PLEASE READ!!!
Unfortunately, the word on the street (which has been confirmed by a
probation officer) is that the rollin 60's stole 160 kilo's of cocaine from the Mexican Mafia. In retaliation, the Mexican Mafia and other Mexican gangs have decided to target and kill 400-1000 black men of all ages who are wearing white t-shirts. This is not limited to the freeways?.. I
understand that this is very real and very serious. Please pass this on
to EVERYONE that you know. I suggest you do not wear any white shirts at all if possible. Also, if you have on a dress shirt, consider wearing your jacket over it!.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm confused. on a related note, a bunch of kids where i tutor told me that 18th St. is gonna go to Hamilton High or something.

Something is supposed to go down at Westchester High on Cinco de Mayo too.

was there something in the news that i missed? why all this supposed gang violence?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Yeah, that seems like a hoax, lol.[/b]

washington post

LOS ANGELES, May 2 -- Four Southern California drivers have been shot to death and four more have been wounded -- including two last weekend -- in a seven-week epidemic of freeway violence that has stymied investigators and sent shivers through car-dependent Los Angeles.

Authorities said they do not believe the shootings are linked, but the newest rash of car-to-car shootings is the deadliest period of freeway violence to hit Southern California since five people were killed and 11 were wounded during the summer of 1987.

A police detective investigates the scene of a shooting on the Harbor Freeway in Los Angeles. A rash of highway shootings since mid-March has scared drivers across Southern California.
    A police detective investigates the scene of a shooting on the Harbor Freeway in Los Angeles. A rash of highway shootings since mid-March has scared drivers across Southern California. (By Luis Sinco -- Associated Press)
    Free E-mail Newsletters

Those shootings prompted humor -- a local radio station gave away bumper stickers that said "Don't shoot. I'm driving as fast as I can." But they also led some anxious drivers to install bulletproof glass in their cars and many others to begin packing guns in their glove boxes.

Freeway shootings are not uncommon. Last year there were 36 reported freeway shootings with one death in Los Angeles. Four people were shot to death on Los Angeles freeways in 2003. But the tight time span and high number of fatalities in the latest string have had some Southern California drivers questioning whether the freeways are worth the risk.

"It's enough to scare anyone," said Sal LaBarbera, a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective, "when things happen that quickly. Maybe if they were spread out over the year people wouldn't notice as much."

The dead included a 26-year-old engineer shot in the head along an Orange County freeway, south of the Los Angeles line March 12. Two weeks later, a 20-year-old Long Beach college student was gunned down in heavy midday traffic just south of downtown Los Angeles. Along that same stretch of highway, a 47-year-old father of two on his way back from a junkyard was shot on April 13. And a 32-year-old man was fatally shot on a freeway east of Los Angeles.

One of the wounded drivers over the weekend, a 19-year-old man driving on a desolate section of a freeway at 12:45 a.m., said someone in a car full of men in white T-shirts and shaved heads shot him. In most cases, police have even fewer leads.

There are no links between victims, suspects, time or motive.

"They occurred on the freeway. That's the only similarity," LaBarbera said.

California Highway Patrol officers have been saturating the areas where the shootings have occurred with officers, looking for suspicious activity and hoping their presence will help calm jumpy drivers. But Los Angeles's notoriously crowded roadways may be contributing to the violence.

"With the congestion and the traffic you have people going 90 miles an hour cutting each other off left and right. People are getting tired of it," said LAPD Detective David Peteque, who is investigating the latest shooting incident. "Then you have the thugs and the criminals who have no regard for human life. They shoot people and go home and sleep like babies at night."

The incidents have forced the temporary closure of some of the region's most congested thoroughfares as officers comb the highway lanes for evidence, frustrating already tense drivers and snarling commutes. Despite crowded freeway conditions, authorities have little to work with when it comes to freeway shootings with passing drivers often unaware a shooting has occurred as they zip by.

"Things happen so fast on the freeway," LaBarbera said. "You see something and you drive by it so fast."

• saw that post too. some straight bs. gotta love the people that spread fear and hysteria just because -- i thought that's what fox news was for.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    -- i thought that's what fox news was for.

most the time i laugh. but i should be crying.

• i know exactly what you mean. its kinda like watching some sort of accident. there is some guilty thrill in seeing something go wrong, but with fox its more like watching a whole segment of society trainwrecking.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I GET SHOT IN MY WHITE TEE

still these freeway shootings are some shit isn't it?! I think these kinds of anonymous shootings could only increase......cuz it's so easy to get away. But then again, if it was congested, i would think people would try to jot down the license plate number.

• still these freeway shootings are some shit isn't it?!

no, there not, we've actually had less attempts this year, just more folks killed, and over the long haul this shit always comes in bunches like this. dont believe the hysteria, its some bullshit cuz our news media would rather feed people fear than do work.

still these freeway shootings are some shit isn't it?!

no, there not, we've actually had less attempts this year, just more folks killed, and over the long haul this shit always comes in bunches like this. dont believe the hysteria, its some bullshit cuz our news media would rather feed people fear than do work.

I agree. Just more hype for the news to sell chips and shit. You'll stay tuned if you think the shit is serious. You are much more likely to die in a car accident.

id have to agree. LA shoots itself in the foot by constantly trying to sensationalize this shit further polarizing communities and testing sensitive paper thin race relations. i mean, they got news anchors with their titties falling out their shit, youd think thatd be enough. but then they gotta hype up gun violence in LA like its a revolution. from what i remember, 2 have taken place on the 110, 2 or 3 on the 55, and one or so on the 210. seems pretty unrelated if you ask me. and though im not knowledgable on LA gangs, i can tell you that a multi million dollar drug deal gone bad does not equal willy nilly gunshots on the freeway. from my experience, gangs are modeled on corporations. they handle business. and it is bad business to just go on an all out assault on anybody to get retribution.

sorry to hijack, but in a slightly related LA media rant, the LA weekly sucks.

now, i guess i was assuming that the LA weekly takes the same approach as other alternative free publications a la village voice, guardian. and in some regards, it does. but this recent issue is a disjointed mess of veiled real estate adds for the lofting of downtown. anyone read it? its crap. was kinda having a short discussion with a resident architect here on the boards [sp***gh***]

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I stopped reading LA Weekly when I realized I wasn't going to the movie or any concerts anymore and the rest of it is real estate ads and hipster Silver lake style crap. I get my news from Soulstrut.

• I stopped reading LA Weekly when I realized I wasn't looking for prostitutes and penile enlargement anymore and the rest of it is real estate ads and hipster Silver lake style crap. I get my news from Soulstrut.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn ya'll L.A. IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Good thing for you and me Chan that we have studied Pugilism! Our Ironskin should work against the foreign guns...

Yo but That ish is crazy fo sho!

still these freeway shootings are some shit isn't it?!

perhaps you are right.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

I get my news from Soulstrut[/]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Constant BS, natural disasters, ridiculous cost of living - why do people want to live in LA so bad again?

The weather's nice.