Ebay snipes

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
OKAY.How many of you use a sniping program to win auctions?I have always been against those damn things but I think I'm finally giving in after losing 1 too many auctions recently.So now I must ask... which snipe programs are the best for a mac please? Free would be great but cheap is okay too.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sniping is the only way to go, use to rarely win auctions cause there's always someone out there willing to top your bid, got to throw it in at the last second otherwise your just going to raise the final price of the auction and probably lose too

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I use eSnipe for serious bids--it changed my life.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    sniping is the only way to go, use to rarely win auctions cause there's always someone out there willing to top your bid, got to throw it in at the last second otherwise your just going to raise the final price of the auction and probably lose too

Barely helpful as I am already well aware of this problem which is what prompted me to post this thread in the first place.

Thanks anyway.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I use eSnipe for serious bids--it changed my life.

so Oprah recommends it, Kanye? LOL

I keed, I keed

keep up the good work, someone gotta keep eBay funded!

-seller fees up the woohaa

Word.
    I guess I'm out of the loop because I'm not too fond of Kanye or Oprah.

Thanks for the tips about eSnipe. Looks like they charge 10%.

I can't find anything about system requirements/platform so I'll just assume it's cross-platform.

trying to quote goodwill_hunting but it just gives me a blank screen.

but I was just gonna say thanks dude!

that's more like it.

Word.
    I guess I'm out of the loop because I'm not too fond of Kanye or Oprah.

nah I was talking about Rey's avatars

I think I used eSnipe once..there are some free trial services I think.

I just keep my finger on F5

trying to quote goodwill_hunting but it just gives me a blank screen.

but I was just gonna say thanks dude!

that's more like it.

dude has the best name, evar

Wait a second here.....

Posts are getting deleted as we speak.

What happened to goodwill_'s last post here?

I was just reading about eSnipe and curious what happens when everyone sets their buffer time to the optimal 3-4 seconds.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I can't find anything about system requirements/platform so I'll just assume it's cross-platform.

It's web-based (if I'm using that term correctly) so you don't actually have to install any programs or anything like that, and I'm assuming the web site is compatible with .

Wait a second here.....

Posts are getting deleted as we speak.

What happened to goodwill_'s last post here?

huh???? the only moderator I see is me, and I haven't deleted any posts in this thraed

hmmmm, technical malfunction?

Yeah I can't believe nobody used goodwill_hunting until now.

The best name.

Yo if he deletes it himself won't it say "deleted".
    I just don't get it.
    He posted something about a program called EZSNIPE or something and how he's on a PC not mac etc...
    I read it and then tried to quote and it was just gone!
    Weird!!

Yo if he deletes it himself won't it say "deleted".

If you delete it before somebody quotes it/replies to it, it will disappear automatically.

Kind of like "if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it..."

hah

• auctionsniper.com

Has always worked really well for me, and very cheap. Just put in the auction number, max bid and when you want to let the snipe go. If you join plaese to give me three free snipes at [email]radsuar@hunter.cuny.edu[/email]

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    The best sniper website for ebay is called www.snip.pl they are from poland and I do my stuff through them for 4 years now. At first they were for free for 2 years now the charge some money but it is a very low rate because polish money is so cheap for western countries.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• I've used this one as well and thought it was fine. Now I just bid and so far I've only gotten outbid on stuff that I wouldn't have put more money on, so spining seems like giving money to someone to save like $2.50.