CD Ripping Question/Problem

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
While ripping cd's into this mp3 player I have, there's that whole "look up album info" thing that displays the artist name and song titles for you, and apparently, also a picture of the album. Sometimes, a completely different album cover becomes attatched to a folder, when that "look up album info" thing doesn't turn up the right album, but something "close", whatever that means. Does anyone know how I can delete these assigned pictures so I can attach my own? They don't appear as jpeg or gif files in the folders, yet I know they're there since they appear on my mp3 player. VERY annoying...

Comments

• I have a fucking "Staind" album cover that pops up when I play a Jazz mix cd. PLEASE HELP.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    While ripping cd's into this mp3 player I have, there's that whole "look up album info" thing that displays the artist name and song titles for you, and apparently, also a picture of the album. Sometimes, a completely different album cover becomes attatched to a folder, when that "look up album info" thing doesn't turn up the right album, but something "close", whatever that means. Does anyone know how I can delete these assigned pictures so I can attach my own? They don't appear as jpeg or gif files in the folders, yet I know they're there since they appear on my mp3 player. VERY annoying...

You need to go into the ID3v1/v2 tag for your MP3 files - there should be tab titled 'Picture'; open that and you can then alter the image associated: delete, add, etc.

• While ripping cd's into this mp3 player I have, there's that whole "look up album info" thing that displays the artist name and song titles for you, and apparently, also a picture of the album. Sometimes, a completely different album cover becomes attatched to a folder, when that "look up album info" thing doesn't turn up the right album, but something "close", whatever that means. Does anyone know how I can delete these assigned pictures so I can attach my own? They don't appear as jpeg or gif files in the folders, yet I know they're there since they appear on my mp3 player. VERY annoying...

You need to go into the ID3v1/v2 tag for your MP3 files - there should be tab titled 'Picture'; open that and you can then alter the image associated: delete, add, etc.
    I'm not very computer-literate - what exactly is that tag you're talking about?

What I have tried doing, is right clicking on the album folder, then clicking on "properties" then "customize", then "choose picture", and the picture I added comes up on the folder. Although for some reason, the initial "Staind" album cover still pops up on my mp3 player when I play that album. ???

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I'm not very computer-literate - what exactly is that tag you're talking about?

What I have tried doing, is right clicking on the album folder, then clicking on "properties" then "customize", then "choose picture", and the picture I added comes up on the folder. Although for some reason, the initial "Staind" album cover still pops up on my mp3 player when I play that album. ???

The ID tag is the information encoded in the file as to artist, title, year, etc. - it's what scrolls across your media player while playing the file; I'm using jetAudio as my primary media player - http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/ - there's a free version for DL on the site (and trustworthy - same South Korean company that manufactures the iAudio X5 MP3 player that some have been championing in another thread); once installed, it gives you the option to open the file, edit tag, etc.

There are stand alone tag editors (e.g. Tag & Rename) - but those require a registration fee (if not cracked versions)...