Fucking half.com feedback

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i don't know if anybody sells on half but they really fucked me when they went and made a minor, yet important format change out of the blue.previously, when a user ordered an item, i recieved an email asking me to confirm the sale, and if i didn't have the item in stock anymore i could just cancel the order right then and there. this allowed me to sell items elsewhere and occassionally i'd leave items in my half stock that i no longer had in my physical possession. admittedly, this was a bit negligent, but it was the way the system worked it allowed it, so i never really stressed over it, because honestly, i rarely ever sell anything through that site anyway.a few weeks ago i get an email, "you've made a sale - please ship your item" email rather than the usual "you've made a sale - please confirm", meaning that the sale was automatically confirmed. And sure enough it was an item I no longer owned. Not knowing what to do I went over to half.com and cancelled the order, which fully refunds the buyer. I didn't think this would be a problem, because, you know, he gets all his money back almost immediately. and there are probably six other copies of that cd that he can go buy for a dollar more. but sure enough i just caught a negative feedback from dude complaining about this full and immediate refund. (ebay and half's feedback systems are intertwined, so that feedback reflects negatively on my ebay account too) what the fuck? was it really that much of a problem for him to order something and be told it was out of stock? a neutral i could understand, but damn.i explained the situation further, but i haven't heard back. it looks like the dude ONLY uses half.com and not ebay, which means my counter negative feedback has no bearing on his life and he probably won't care enough to do the mutual removal thing. i guess i'll have to take an l on this onejust a quick warning if you use half to clean up your stock because half buyers are fucking idots.

Comments

• It's a bit ruff on you that they changed the system, did they not email you to let you know ???