Lil Dudes sweating you for a refund (eBay related)

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Seriously, what do ya'll do when you get someone who buys some shit for 5-10 bucks & then complains that their VG+ graded records "plays with some noise"? Ususaly I say if you are not happy send it back - but, often these are Eurodudes who would have to end up spending $25 postage to get their $5.99 back. It's not so much that I mind eating the 5-10 bucks, but it seems like these dudes are probably getting a lot of free records this way.

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

PS/ smells shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Seriously, what do ya'll do when you get someone who buys some shit for 5-10 bucks & then complains that their VG+ graded records "plays with some noise"? Ususaly I say if you are not happy send it back - but, often these are Eurodudes who would have to end up spending $25 postage to get their $5.99 back. It's not so much that I mind eating the 5-10 bucks, but it seems like these dudes are probably getting a lot of free records this way.

I'd tell them that you'd be glad to refund their money if they send the records back AT THEIR EXPENSE. That's normal in any case (I should know - sellers are always doing that shit to me) and as you point out, it's not worth them spending $20 to get back $5.

If you want to be cool about it, you can give them credit towards another purchase but obviously, that's up to your discretion.

• I'd tell them that you'd be glad to refund their money if they send the records back AT THEIR EXPENSE. That's normal in any case (I should know - sellers are always doing that shit to me) and as you point out, it's not worth them spending $20 to get back $5.

If you want to be cool about it, you can give them credit towards another purchase but obviously, that's up to your discretion.

Lately I've had sellers make M- or NM claims only to get the record with the actual VG or VG+ scratchy, dirty, moldy, shit. It's getting worse with each passing year. In cases like that, I expect, no, demand the seller to refund me in full for their screw up, and wasting my time and money. If you're selling, I'd suggest you grade with such meticulousness as it make it virtually impossible for any buyer to manipulate a transaction. If you don't, make it clear what your grading system is, then it's their screw up not yours.

In a case like yours, I support the credit suggestiong above^. A good compromise for both parties.

• Man, I'm hearing more and more "pain-in-the-ass" buyer/seller stories these days.

If the guy is being an ass about it, you should mess with his head, maybe get a little ghetto on him. Be like "F*CK!!! You mean I sent you the copy with the noise?! That's some ulra-raer ish, son... Unfortunately, you're actually gonna owe me some extra loot for that one. I'll just go ahead and tack it on to your next order with me. Thanks for bringin' that shit to my attention, that was mad honest of you."