has your cartridge ever fallen out?

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
just wandering. i went to replace a headshell on an old backup cartridge, and when i pulled it out the actual cartridge fell out the casing that is connected to the headshell. its the 44-7.weird. i guess i am just gonna superglue it back in, but i wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The title deserves at least a mini AYO.

• just wandering. i went to replace a headshell on an old backup cartridge, and when i pulled it out the actual cartridge fell out the casing that is connected to the headshell. its the 44-7.

weird.

i guess i am just gonna superglue it back in, but i wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else.

Yeah it happens when they get old. Super glue works fine to fix it.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    just wandering. i went to replace a headshell on an old backup cartridge, and when i pulled it out the actual cartridge fell out the casing that is connected to the headshell. its the 44-7.

weird.

i guess i am just gonna superglue it back in, but i wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else.

Yeah it happens when they get old. Super glue works fine to fix it.

super glue does the trick. Had my 44-7s since '99 and same shit happened.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

How long are cartridges supposed to last?!?!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Not only that, when the cartridge body is not firmely attached, those micro-vibrations can fuck up your sound. Super glue is your friend.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    no clue, i replace the styluses frequently. These arent the only carts i use, these dont get used at home. More so at the radio station i work at and at gigs.

They still seem to work fine, didnt plan on replacing the carts any time soon.