Sands - I Can't Let Go - ID

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Just downloaded this track from a blog or som' like that, can't remember...

I'm not sure with the name of the singers.

I think that's "I Can't Let Go" by Evie Sands (1965), a girl group from the 60's... didn't know.

Don't understand why (don't even want to know) but I like that shit so much.
Can't stop listenin' to that song.

I think I'm gonna buy that shit , soon...

Do you have infos...?

Is THIS > THAT ?
(I can' verify cause I'm using a Mac...bla...bla...)

-

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Ok, thanks.

• add info, THIS couldn??t be identified cause the pop-uped player didn??t play sound,... dunno why

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

this track= THAT

homepage.mac.com/baptman/.Public/sands2.mp3 = homepage.mac.com/baptman/.Public/sands2.mp3

Ahh! Thanks anyway...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    add info, THIS couldn??t be identified cause the pop-uped player didn??t play sound,... dunno why

That's where it's from

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000032TJ/ref=pd_cmp_rvi_1_i/102-3753075-0152901?n=5174

• evie sands is the name of the woman, not a group.

weird, i was listening to her album 'anyway that you want me' a few hours ago which has got some great songs on it. not the best version of the troggs song though. different style than this song though.

i'm pretty sure 'i can't let go' is one of the greatest songs ever made. 2 minutes of absolute perfection.

only problem with it is that i have to listen to it about 20 or 30 times. no exaggeration. i've happily listened to this song for at least an hour straight.

• Just downloaded this track from a blog or som' like that, can't remember...

I'm not sure with the name of the singers.

I think that's "I Can't Let Go" by Evie Sands (1965), a girl group from the 60's... didn't know.

Don't understand why (don't even want to know) but I like that shit so much.
    Can't stop listenin' that song.

I think I'm gonna buy that shit , soon...

Do you have infos...?

Is THIS > THAT ?
    (I can' verify cause I'm using a Mac...bla...bla...)

-

I don't suppose you found it at my blog, eh???

http://funky16corners.blogspot.com/2005/12/evie-sands-take-me-for-little-while.html

• evie sands is the name of the woman, not a group.
    weird, i was listening to her album 'anyway that you want me' a few hours ago which has got some great songs on it. not the best version of the troggs song though. different style than this song though.

Yeah, that album you speak of was just a few years AFTER "I Can't Let Go" - and after the girl-group sound became passe - so the style change was inevitable.

i'm pretty sure 'i can't let go' is one of the greatest songs ever made. 2 minutes of absolute perfection.
    only problem with it is that i have to listen to it about 20 or 30 times. no exaggeration. i've happily listened to this song for at least an hour straight.

Hey, no "problem" there - you play it 20 times in a row 'cause it's a good song! The Hollies' version doesn't even compare.

The next time we have a "white soul" thread, we gotta get Evie in there, because she's about the closest we have to an American Dusty Springfield. If you liked "I.C.L.G.," seek out "Take Me For A Little While."

• The next time we have a "white soul" thread, we gotta get Evie in there, because she's about the closest we have to an American Dusty Springfield. If you liked "I.C.L.G.," seek out "Take Me For A Little While."

yeah, i like take me for a little while but it doesn't hit me like i can't let go. over the last 2 years i've probably listened to that song over 1000 times.

speaking of take me for a little while, is there another northern soul version of it? or maybe it's because part of the melody is similar to maxine brown's 'one in a million'?

weird that this is coming up right now cause i just started a mix cd with spectrum - how you satisfy me which is an old favourite and a semi-cover (well, same riff anyway) of i can't let go.

• speaking of take me for a little while, is there another northern soul version of it? or maybe it's because part of the melody is similar to maxine brown's 'one in a million'?

Jackie Ross

Read about it here...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Just downloaded this track from a blog or som' like that, can't remember...

I don't suppose you found it at my blog, eh???

http://funky16corners.blogspot.com/2005/12/evie-sands-take-me-for-little-while.html

Humm... I don't remember the article.

Yeah, I think that's where I took the mp3, same name: "...sands2.mp3"

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Good article.

Peace.......Bapt......

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

No exaggeration. I've happily listened to this song for at least an hour straight.

• The next time we have a "white soul" thread, we gotta get Evie in there, because she's about the closest we have to an American Dusty Springfield. If you liked "I.C.L.G.," seek out "Take Me For A Little While."

yeah, i like take me for a little while but it doesn't hit me like i can't let go.

Strangely enough, it was "Take Me..." that convinced me. Not only the pseudo-Motown beat, but the way the chorus shifts to this spooky, paranoid minor chord...hate to get all "music theory geek" on you, but really, that's what makes this cut work! Even on Jackie Ross' soundalike version...

By now, you've probably read the whole sordid tale on how Ross inadvertently cheated Sands out of a hit (thanks, F16!), but the hell of it is, the Vanilla Fudge probably had a bigger hit with the song than either of those ladies. They slowed it down and took it WAAAAY over the top, and I'm no Vanilla Fudge fan but even THEIR version is killer...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    A lil' different but I've always loved that one:

BEI MIR BIST DU SCHON