Swayze finally raps

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
After years of being indirectly involved with Hip-Hop music, actor/pop singer Patrick Swayze is finally experimenting with rap music.Swayze recently said he was experimenting with ???rap rhythms as an emotional undercurrent for ballads.???The 53-year-old Swayze had a massive hit with the song ???She???s Like The Wind??? from the soundtrack to the film "Dirty Dancing" in 1987.The song is one of the most played songs in the history of radio and helped the Dirty Dancing soundtrack sell over 11 million records.Hip-Hop fans are familiar with Swayze, who has starred in such classic movies as ???Red Dawn,??? ???Roadhouse,??? ???The Outsiders??? and ???Ghost.???Swayze???s last name has been used as Hip-Hop slang since the early 1990???s, when EPMD popularized the term on various albums.In U.S. rap vernacular, the term "Swayze" means to ???leave??? or ???disappear,??? cleverly derived from the title of his 1990 hit film ???Ghost.???Swayze resurfaced in the rap world again in 2002, when he starred as an aggressive FBI agent named ???Detective Fitzgerald??? in Ja Rule???s video ???Reign,??? taken from Ja???s The Last Temptation album.The controversial video came during an actual federal investigation of The Inc.???s Irv and Chris Lorenzo for money laundering, charges the brothers were eventually acquitted of.Swayze, who has a role in the new flick ???Keeping Mum,??? did not peg a release date on his new material.Swazye is currently filming ???Fox and The Hound II.???
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5193cool

Comments

• ???rap rhythms as an emotional undercurrent for ballads.???

• Fox And The Hound II

• Well, at least he's finally been credited with having the term "swayze" named after him.

And I'm... :::poof:::

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    He sooooooo needs to do a track with this dude:

Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Brrrrr brrrr!!!![/b]

• ???rap rhythms as an emotional undercurrent for ballads.???

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Anybody else have his private press lp from 1991? Shit is bonkers!

• Anybody else have his private press lp from 1991? Shit is bonkers!

• Hip-Hop fans are familiar with Swayze, who has starred in such classic movies as ???Red Dawn,??? ???Roadhouse,??? ???The Outsiders??? and ???Ghost.???

Yes...all big favorites of "hip hop fans"....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hip-Hop fans are familiar with Swayze, who has starred in such classic movies as ???Red Dawn,??? ???Roadhouse,??? ???The Outsiders??? and ???Ghost.???

Yes...all big favorites of "hip hop fans"....
    Most definitely. I own his entire movie collection.
    Where's the 'I celebrate his entire catalogue' graemlin when you need it.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Anybody else have his private press lp, titled "Intimate Road House,"[/b] from 1991? Shit is bonkers!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

That's the graemlin! Thanks.

• I can tell by the picture that this joint is from Roadhouse. Swayze gets real gangsta in this flick, so the rap career is a logical move. My college roomates used to run Roadhouse on repeat like crazy. They would get all wasted and come out to the club I played at quoting lines from the movie. There is a monster bodybuilder club security type who is still known as "Swayze" through out our town because of it.

Turns out other people realized Roadhouse's classic status and brought it to stage

Road House: The Stage Play
    Road House: The Stage Play (official title is "Road House: The Stage Version Of The Cinema Classic That Starred Patrick Swayze, Except This One Stars Taimak From The 80's Cult Classic "The Last Dragon" Wearing A Blond Mullet Wig) is a deconstructed, and comical, version of this modern day western B-movie from 1989. It's about an internationally revered bouncer hired to clean up a small town dive only to get sucked into the local politics, biting off more than he can chew... or has he? This will be a completely kinetic production using cinematic techniques: miniature sets, foley artists and breath-taking action sequences and bar room brawls unlike anything ever seen in the live theatre. This heightened style is designed to highlight the underlying misogyny, violence and homophobia/ eroticism of films of the genre... as well as blow the lid off the place. Timothy Haskell directs.

This is the same guy who played Bruce Leeroy in The Last Dragon. I need to get hooked up with his agent.

• I can tell by the picture that this joint is from Roadhouse. Swayze gets real gangsta in this flick, so the rap career is a logical move. My college roomates used to run Roadhouse on repeat like crazy. They would get all wasted and come out to the club I played at quoting lines from the movie. There is a monster bodybuilder club security type who is still known as "Swayze" through out our town because of it.

Turns out other people realized Roadhouse's classic status and brought it to stage

Road House: The Stage Play
    Road House: The Stage Play (official title is "Road House: The Stage Version Of The Cinema Classic That Starred Patrick Swayze, Except This One Stars Taimak From The 80's Cult Classic "The Last Dragon" Wearing A Blond Mullet Wig) is a deconstructed, and comical, version of this modern day western B-movie from 1989. It's about an internationally revered bouncer hired to clean up a small town dive only to get sucked into the local politics, biting off more than he can chew... or has he? This will be a completely kinetic production using cinematic techniques: miniature sets, foley artists and breath-taking action sequences and bar room brawls unlike anything ever seen in the live theatre. This heightened style is designed to highlight the underlying misogyny, violence and homophobia/ eroticism of films of the genre... as well as blow the lid off the place. Timothy Haskell directs.

This is the same guy who played Bruce Leeroy in The Last Dragon. I need to get hooked up with his agent.

where or where is this shit playing? Sounds incredible.

$??

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Patrick Swayze is finally experimenting with rap music.