The Producers (movie related)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Biggest steaming pile of shit I've watched in the last few years. My friends wanted to go to this for some reason and I didn't hear anything about it so I just decided to tag along. The opening sequence was extremely corny/overacted and then as soon as they went into the "hitler lol" shit it just completely tanked. There were a few parts where I laughed but overall the movie was a pile of shit. Even the bottle of Hennessy my friend smuggled in her purse for me did not redeem the movie.

Comments

• How does it compare to his other movies?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I honestly don't even know who the director was. I knew nothing about the movie coming in and wanted to know nothing about it after I left.

• I didn't even know this was out. So it's a movie that was turned into a play and then turned back into a movie?

• I honestly don't even know who the director was. I knew nothing about the movie coming in and wanted to know nothing about it after I left.

One of the great comedic directors of our time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000316/

• not to be a thread-jacker, but has anyone seen Munich? i saw it over the weekend and thought it was solid, but i've heard people say it was crap.

• Nah, but on a similar note. I hated the Royal Tenambaums and Napoleon Dynamite. Shit was just corny to me but everyone seemed to love those.

• Nah, but on a similar note. I hated the Royal Tenambaums and Napoleon Dynamite. Shit was just corny to me but everyone seemed to love those.

Word, I thought the same thing. I didn't see Napoleon Dynamite until it hit dvd and I was expecting that shit to be mad funnier than it was. Maybe just overhyped... But I will say that it's grown on me a bit more after seeing it two and three times.

IMHO, Life Aqautic was far superior to Royal Tenambaums and Napoleon Dynamite, while still being in that style of comedy.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I honestly don't even know who the director was. I knew nothing about the movie coming in and wanted to know nothing about it after I left.

One of the great comedic directors of our time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000316/
    Mel Brooks didn't direct the remake. But he did do the original which is hysterical.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

IMHO, Life Aqautic was far superior to Royal Tenambaums, while still being in that style of comedy.

Neither one of those films was as good as promised. "Rushmore" was great but since then, every subsequent Wes Anderson film has tried to outdo the previous in loopiness and comes up shorter every time.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

IMHO, Life Aqautic was far superior to Royal Tenambaums, while still being in that style of comedy.

Neither one of those films was as good as promised. "Rushmore" was great but since then, every subsequent Wes Anderson film has tried to outdo the previous in loopiness and comes up shorter every time.

I thought Tenanbaums was great while I thought Aquatic was actually boring for lnog segments. They could've done a much better job with the editing. I was actually waiting for Aquatic to end when I saw it in the theater.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    anyone who disliked royal tennenbaums, must have come from a functional family (happy childhood), and therefore cannot be trusted.

• anyone who disliked royal tennenbaums, must have come from a functional family (happy childhood), and therefore cannot be trusted.

I wish that were true in my case.

• Neither one of those films was as good as promised. "Rushmore" was great but since then, every subsequent Wes Anderson film has tried to outdo the previous in loopiness and comes up shorter every time.

• the original producers is still one of the funniest movies ever made. Who knows what the hell they were thinking when they remade it.

• the original producers is still one of the funniest movies ever made. Who knows what the hell they were thinking when they remade it.

I guess I'll check for that one first. I wanted to see it live when it was here but like most things, I procrastinate 'till it's too late.

• Biggest steaming pile of shit I've watched in the last few years. My friends wanted to go to this for some reason and I didn't hear anything about it so I just decided to tag along. The opening sequence was extremely corny/overacted and then as soon as they went into the "hitler lol" shit it just completely tanked. There were a few parts where I laughed but overall the movie was a pile of shit. Even the bottle of Hennessy my friend smuggled in her purse for me did not redeem the movie.

you could have been sitting beachside listening to society of seven. your fucking up dude.

• oliver whats with the avatar dude?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you could have been sitting beachside listening to society of seven. your fucking up dude.
    that would have been infinitely more enjoyable than that movie. my friends visiting for the holidays wanted to see it so i was kinda obligated to go :

• dude i wish i was at the mandarin oriental chilling the fuk out diamond head stylee right now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    oliver whats with the avatar dude?

AP,

You're listening to too much smooth jazz to be up on the latest and greatest in ephemeral pop culture.

Late pass: http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0

Or if you prefer to read about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/27/arts/television/27samb.html

• im not sure what all of this means but the orbiz pop up window was off the leash.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    im not sure what all of this means but the orbiz pop up window was off the leash.

LOL