HUGE SOUL PARTY IN NC THIS JANUARY! FREE!!!

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Notice that 4 out of these 5 events are FREE. I want to see every SoulStrutter within 200 miles at this motherfucker or I'm going to spell raer the old way from now on.

Comments

• Boss flyer!
    will there be some hard copies made?

• Details on the record swap please sir?

• Er*c:
    I'll probably have a few 11x17 color posters digitally printed to put up in local stores, but not tons of 'em. If I don't have any extras for the DJs when ya'll get here, you can download the PDF here and print 'em yourself:

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/clubs/fybo/FYBO_2006_Flyer1.pdf

J*hn:
    The record swap will be like the one at ModChicago: if you wanna trade/sell records, just bring 'em on in and start wheeling & dealing. Most of the DJs will be bringing stuff to slang, and there's three notable 45 dealers tentatively scheduled to show up. We've got the Federal back room reserved but can spill out into the front room if needed.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    holy cow

• Er*c:
    I'll probably have a few 11x17 color posters digitally printed to put up in local stores, but not tons of 'em. If I don't have any extras for the DJs when ya'll get here, you can download the PDF here and print 'em yourself:

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/clubs/fybo/FYBO_2006_Flyer1.pdf

J*hn:
    The record swap will be like the one at ModChicago: if you wanna trade/sell records, just bring 'em on in and start wheeling & dealing. Most of the DJs will be bringing stuff to slang, and there's three notable 45 dealers tentatively scheduled to show up. We've got the Federal back room reserved but can spill out into the front room if needed.

Thanks. The whole thing sounds fun. See ya around.

• holy cow

you know we ain't playin

• And by the way

• Nice flyer!
    Am I aloud to bring Memphis Garage raers along with my soul/funk raers? If so, is there a scheduled night for garage?

• Nice flyer!
    Am I aloud to bring Memphis Garage raers along with my soul/funk raers? If so, is there a scheduled night for garage?

Thursday will be the best night for regional raers of any stripe.

Friday & Saturday nights will have the dancefloors - as long as you can dance to it, go for it.

Saturday afternoon swap is fine for anything. People will be eating, drinking and listening to portables instead of the DJs.

Sunday will be best for more modern soul, disco, boogie, raw funk, and hiphop.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    looks ill, that dj lineup is a mile long!
    I wish this were closer, definately like to check it out.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Notice that 4 out of these 5 events are FREE. I want to see every SoulStrutter within 200 miles at this motherfucker or I'm going to spell raer the old way from now on.
    Damn, that looks interesting. That's right around the MLK holiday. I think this warrants a road trip.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Truly looks fantastic. Wish I was a bit closer, I'd make the trip.

• please don't spell raer the old way.....

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    sounds awesome marco!

richmond/dc heads, carpool??? hollur.