james brown’s funkiest...

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited December 2005 in Music Talk
...so I'm trying to compile a few CDs of the best/funkiest James Brown cuts (just James Brown not spin offs for this). Here's what I got so far, anybody care to add anything to this list? I'm sure I'm forgetting something cause my head is spinning going thru all these tracks...public enemy #1theme from king heroindown and out in nycslaughter themereally really reallyhow long can i keep it up (slaughters)paid the cost to be the bossthe paybackthink 73your loveecapismfunky drummerafter you done it (inst)white lightning (inst)blues and pantshot pantsdont tell a lie about meI got to movestoned to the bonebaby here I cometake some leave somelowdown popcorn (buttered version) (inst)popcorn with feelingdon't tell itmind powertalking loud and saying nothingjust enough room for storagetransmographication (inst)mind powerblind man can see itbring it upturn on the heat and build some fireuntitled instrumentaltalking loud (original)cold bloodedlet a man come in and do the popcornmake it funkyget up offa that thingmy thangcold sweatcan mind (can mind)I don't want nobody to give me nothingcan I get some helpgive it up or turn it looseit's a new dayfunky presidentpeople get up an drive your greedy manthe chickenlicking stickthere it isbody heati got ants in my pantssayin and doin it (hell)you got to have a mother for mepapas got a brand new bagget up get into itget on the good footget up sex machineI can't stand itshoot your shotsoul pridesoul powerhustlein the middle (inst)give it up turn it loose (live)say it loudsuper badtighten upmashed potato popcornsuperbad super slicknose job

Comments

• ecapism

the list is complete

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't see the regular "The Popcorn" on there.

• I don't see the regular "The Popcorn" on there.

word...I got lost in all the popcorn maddness...ha! Also, noticed I forgot "papa don't take no mess" so I'll add that. thanx

• I FEEL GOOD from his later polydor SEX MACHINE lp...cheesey cover

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    there was a time

• the funky version of since you've been gone

• Please don't forget I Got The Feeling.

Did James sing tighten up? I know Maceo did...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The list has serious Black Caesar related holes...

• The Drunk
    Fight Agaisnt Drug Abuse

• gotta alphabetize that list.

• Shhhhhhhhhh (For A Little While)

• Shhhhhhhhhh (For A Little While)

duh...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    She's The One

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    for goodness sakes...( take a look at them cakes ). the godfather high on coke.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The original "rock" version of "Talking Loud Saying Nothing."

• The original "rock" version of "Talking Loud Saying Nothing."

exactly what i was thinkin.

BOWWWWWWWW NOW
    how ya like me now
    BOWWWWWWWW NOW
    how ya like me now
    BOW NOW
    BOW NOW
    heh
    BOW NOW BOW NOW BOW dun dun dun dun DAT!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    post up that Rose Royce mix!

• Options
    The Drunk.

K.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    some gaps...

Mother Popcorn

I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me) Pt. 2 from the lp. Hardest JB drums evar?

Funky Soul

Never Can Say Goodbye (soulful but funky)

• some gaps...

Mother Popcorn
    I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me) Pt. 2 from the lp. Hardest JB drums evar?
    Funky Soul
    Never Can Say Goodbye (soulful but funky)

cosignin that comment on the I CANT STAND MYSELF PT. 2...

• gotta alphabetize that list.

sorry. I just copied it and pasted it from my lay out and its listed in tempos (sort of-just slower to faster for the most part).

• The original "rock" version of "Talking Loud Saying Nothing."

yeah, this is great. it's on there is just says "talking loud original"

• thanx for all the feedback. I had forgot some of those and some Im not famliar with so I gotta track em down. Some I had pulled aside but didn't list and others were on the list but I must have deleted em with I was deleting my notes from the text. If anyone has anymore hit me up. I'm back in town today so the work continues....

• There have been those polydor 12" with all those alternate Black Caesar takes and that Sound of Champions EP with the J.B.s doing "Tighten Up", alternate "Mind Power" and some other stuff. That Doing the James Brown comp from a few years ago had a blazing live Cold Sweat that it said was previously unreleased.

• There have been those polydor 12" with all those alternate Black Caesar takes and that Sound of Champions EP with the J.B.s doing "Tighten Up", alternate "Mind Power" and some other stuff. That Doing the James Brown comp from a few years ago had a blazing live Cold Sweat that it said was previously unreleased.

yeah, one has an extended 'Blind Man Can See It' aka the Das Efx sample, but instead of being like 2min (as on the LP) the shit is an extended jam...absolutely

big ups on the whole sound of champions series.

$??

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

yeah, one has an extended 'Blind Man Can See It'

dagga dagga dagga