45s you rock doubles of

beatstew72beatstew72 314 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
meaning...what's the pts 1 & 2s you dudes be knockin together?? funky superfly (slow) pts 1&2humpty dump sounds good together

Comments

• not really doubles, but i usually keep both helene smith's and little beaver's version of "got to be a man" on hand so i can cut back and forth between the two and make myself think im cool.

only to realize that ppl have been doing it loooooooooooooooooooong before i figured it out.

doh.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    not really doubles, but i usually keep both helene smith's and little beaver's version of "got to be a man" on hand so i can cut back and forth between the two and make myself think im cool.

only to realize that ppl have been doing it loooooooooooooooooooong before i figured it out.

doh.

Frank Williams?? Suppose Beaver did the vocals, though.

• not really doubles, but i usually keep both helene smith's and little beaver's version of "got to be a man" on hand so i can cut back and forth between the two and make myself think im cool.

doh.

yea thats what i meant, frank williams tune, but the vocals are beaver.

• BO JR. - Coffee Pot Pt. 1&2

• "Funky Broadway"-Dyke & the Blazers

As an aside, part two of both the Isley Brothers'"Live It Up" and James Brown's "Cold Sweat" are so hot, I don't even bother playing part one (or the full uninterrupted versions) in the club - even though I'd play them at home.

• Options
    Eddie Bo- Thang
    pretty well every Wackie's and Lee Perry 45 I own
    many Observer Dennis Brown sings b/w King Tubby crushes 45's ("Give a Helping Hand Oh Jah" and " I am the COnqueror" come to mind right away)
    ...guess any 45 with a tough dub I've found quantity of...about 200 or so 45's.

K in Canada.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    BO JR. - Coffee Pot Pt. 1&2

• +

Sugarman 3 'Funky So and So'
    U-Roy 'Tom Drunk'
    Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders 'Game Of Love' (common 45 but dope, plus with doubles you can re-edit it to cut out the uptempo part).

$??

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    not really doubles, but i usually keep both helene smith's and little beaver's version of "got to be a man" on hand so i can cut back and forth between the two and make myself think im cool.

doh.

yea thats what i meant, frank williams tune, but the vocals are beaver.

I just can't ever seem to hear this song enough. Both of the versions are amazing but the frank williams version rarely leaves my record box.

The last time Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings played in Houston, Binky Griptite, the lead Guitarist and Emcee for the band did a great cover of "You got to be a man." Im curious if he is going record it for his record.

• BO JR. - Coffee Pot Pt. 1&2

i always wanted to have BO JR. in one piece, both sides are massive but i never had the patience until recently!

it also worked well on these two parted tunes:

Little Grady Lewis & The Soul Smokers - Soul Smokin'
    Segun Bucknor & The Assembly - La La La
    Fela & Africa '70 - Monday Morning In Lagos

several more but these just come to my mind...

peace

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

cosine

add:

ground hog - bumpin'
    general crook - gimme some
    JB - don't want nobody to give me nothin..

there's easily 300 hundred 45s i wish i could rock doubles of.

• the frank williams 45 is fuckin boss. rarely does it leave my box either...

• reskresk 391 Posts

rock doubles of this at bboy jams, rocking dubs of 45s isnt fun

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    rocking dubs of 45s isnt fun

cue burn!

• rocking dubs of 45s isnt fun

cue burn!

i hate styrene.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

rock doubles of this at bboy jams, rocking dubs of 45s isnt fun

wow, is this a newer issue of the 45? label looks way cleaner/slightly different.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I sold a copy of the Sisters and Brothers' Jed Clampett to some brit who wanted to rock doubles.

• Paul Humphreys - Detroit