Parentstrut: Unexpected favorite gift for your kid

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
What I mean is, when you go out and buy some super-magnificent toy for your kids' and they end up playing with the box.Although I will say we had unusually good success this year with regards to toys that both my son and daughter seemed to genuinely like, I was surprised to see them fighting overYes, a $2 slinky[/b]. Only my son got one and so that ended up with both of them fighting over what is essentially a metal spring. On top of that, my son spent more time sending the slinky down the stairs than he did playing with his obnoxious lightsaber that he actually asked for (re: my other parentstrut thread).Another hit wasThe $1 Hot Wheels Batmobile[/b]. Actually it was less than $1.And not even a real present, my daughter insisted on hauling around her Christmas stocking most of the day.All in all a good Christmas though. Anyone else have any unexpected hits this Christmas?

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Awzum. Maybe more awesome that your son got a slinky to work.
    My record was, like, 5 stairs. No Hijack.

• Awzum. Maybe more awesome that your son got a slinky to work.
    My record was, like, 5 stairs. No Hijack.

Ha, yeah, it was kinda hard. I mentioned it to my mom and she said she had seen a thing on tv or something where they interviewed the guy that "invented" the slinky, and he said stairs were a lot narrower back in the day so it worked better.
    He may have done 5 or 6 stairs but it was the same problem, the stairs were too wide for it to keep going too long. My stairs have a landing and a turn so it couldn't go too much further than 5 or 6 anyway.

• my son as all about a shiny red bag...altho he digs his hokey=pokey cookie monster...or maybe it's me who luvs it...

• my son as all about a shiny red bag...altho he digs his hokey=pokey cookie monster...or maybe it's me who luvs it...

I've seen that. early 00's my son and daughter were all about the random Elmo's but now in the '05 they're all about Dora/Arthur and Star Wars/Batman.