"Prairie Wind"-Neil Young

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Hey Guys,I picked up this CD yesterday while I was in Best Buy, along with a few others such as Dwele's new joint, a Dave Hollister CD from 2002, and "Reasonable Doubt" (out of curiosity). Anyway, "Prairie Wind" was CLEARLY the standout of my purchases. This is one of the most honest, sincere, and beautiful new recordings I've heard in some time. I would call it "beautiful simplicity." It's not intricate or flamboyant, just simple good ole' music. I've always enjoyed good lyrical storytelling with musical arrangements that complement accordingly. You just don't hear music like this anymore. Amazing!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you have the best taste in music ever

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I picked up this CD yesterday while I was in Best Buy, along with a few others such as Dwele's new joint, a Dave Hollister CD from 2002, and "Reasonable Doubt" (out of curiosity). Anyway, "Prairie Wind" was CLEARLY the standout of my purchases. This is one of the most honest, sincere, and beautiful new recordings I've heard in some time. I would call it "beautiful simplicity." It's not intricate or flamboyant, just simple good ole' music. I've always enjoyed good lyrical storytelling with musical arrangements that complement accordingly. You just don't hear music like this anymore. Amazing!!!

It's clearly a return for Young to his 'Harvest' aesthetic; I'm kinda partial to his stint w/ Buffalo Springfield as well, especially on 'Waiting to Fly,' just right before his voice broke...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    you have the best taste in music ever

Thanks, man!!!! Actually, the CD really touches my aesthetic, musically. See, I grew up on that type of music (AM gold-related) so I've always had an appreciation for it. I'm impressed by its beauty and straightforwardness. It seems like today's music is more about style than substance, so it always has a million bells and whistles mixed in (kind of like movies too). Come to think of it, I like quaint, simple, well-told story-type movies too (e.g., "Places in the Heart", "Slingblade", "On Golden Pond") versus those special-effects heavy, shallow flicks. I was especially touched by the song "It's a Dream" (tears-related) because I found it especially nostalgic concerning my childhood. Great CD!!! Please go cop this!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak