Jesse Henderson - LASSO RECORDS? Heavenly Star?

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Jesse Henderson - I Did It Again 12"Yo what's up with this?What label released the 12" first? Heavenly Star or Lasso Records?I've also heard that the Lasso issue is some fake bullshit from 1991?And what is really Lasso Records? They released the Bobby Cuthins 45? Original?just a little bit

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    isn't heavenly star the same label that did Heaven Sent & Ecstacy?

• i've wondered about this too...not sure what the deal is when the lasso pressing. isn't there a 12" and 45 on lasso? is peter brown's name mentioned on it? i think maybe the tune was a northern hit and eventually got picked up on peter browns label?

i do know that the tune is WICKED!

• (re-issue)

and what is that Gator 45???

• Options

I hope you're joking, Ad*m. Otherwise your modern soul littledudeness would be showing through.

K.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's the same scenario as the MR Magic Peter Brown pressing in that it had an origianl local pressing (Lasso) and once it started circulating in the clubc, Brown signed (or therwise?) it up.

Just a guess.

K in Canada.

• Options
    Also, the J Edwards int he writing credits - is that John Edwards that recorded with Aware out of Atlanta??

K.

• and it wasn't Heavenly Star.. It was Land Of Hits! Yeah yeah it's all P&P..

but is the Lasso 12" a fake from 1991? or is the Lasso 12" from 1991 a re-issue of an OG Lasso 12"?

I saw this Lasso 12" on eBay that went for nothing and it didn't say it was a re-issue from 1991.
    The 12" on Land Of Hits is super expensive, so if the Lasso 12" was released before the Land Of Hits 12", it would be going for alot more..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I hope you're joking, Ad*m. Otherwise your modern soul littledudeness would be showing through.

K.

I got no excuses. Catch me swinging off real douds nuts in the section

• isn't heavenly star the same label that did Heaven Sent & Ecstacy?